Heroquest

Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!
Das Troll
Registered

Heroquest

Post by Das Troll » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:27 pm

Back in the 90s, Hasbro put out a board game called Heroquest. This game was basically DnD/warhammer lite in board game form. It was a good time, IF you got some friends that had enough patience to put the damn thing together and actually sit down to play it. It had multiple "quests" so you got to set the game up in different ways and eventually make your own quests. The bard explains it better in a much more comical way.

Interesting news that I recently found out is Hasbro is putting out a crowdfunded new version of the game, as seen here:

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/has ... ame-system

It's well past being funded so that's good. I plan on getting this myself and adding it to my original version. If you like board games, might take a look at the original or if you're willing to wait, the crowdfunded new version.

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Heroquest

Post by Enigma » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:55 am

Damn, one of my best friends growing up actually had this.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Re: Heroquest

Post by Das Troll » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:32 pm

Excuse me, it looks like Milton Bradly put out Hero quest originally.