Baldurs Gate 3 just dropped

Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!
Das Troll
Registered

Baldurs Gate 3 just dropped

Post by Das Troll » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:22 pm

If you're a fan of the computer turn based RPG genre, then you'll likely know titles like Badurs Gate or Icewind Dale. These games are based in the DnD setting of Forgotten Realms. I've been waiting for a new DnD turn based game of this caliber for a while. My main fear though is having it rapidly drop in price like DOOM did. I zero day'd that game and within a month it was down 20% in price.

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Baldurs Gate 3 just dropped

Post by Enigma » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:16 pm

Oh shit, I remember playing Dark Alliance on either PS2 or Gamecube waaaaaay back in the day (jesus fuck 2002 is "back in the day" now)
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:11 pm

So this is early access. They charged full price for early access and boy does it show. Sometimes lips don't move when they talk, a weapon will appear outside of the hand that holds it, and textures won't render. i don't know how they justified putting out this game when it's so clearly not ready.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:41 pm

Idk, I'm just glad I got a Switch finally :D
:weed: [IP: logged]