Nintendo Switch

Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!
Enigma
Site Admin

Nintendo Switch

Post by Enigma » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:36 pm

Picked one up used the other day, and after the learning curve of figuring out how to hack it without fucking anything up (plus my SD card reader was broken so that was a hassle and a half) I'm fairly pleased by it. Yeah, I ended up spending a lot of money on it, but I think it will bring me tons of enjoyment in the near and later future.

I guess only time will tell.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by Das Troll » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:25 pm

Supposedly the Switch has killed handheld units for now and the near future. I guess they didn't want the 3ds to step on their Switch sales. 3ds is a good system too, very easily hacked.

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by Enigma » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:19 pm

The problem with the 3DS is it was released literally forever ago.
:weed: [IP: logged]