Steam link got turned into steam mobile link

Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!
Das Troll
Registered

Steam link got turned into steam mobile link

Post by Das Troll » Sat May 25, 2019 3:33 am

If you had a steam link you probably knew it was a good idea that was poorly implemented. So Valve scrapped the idea and stop producing them. Their solution? To make steam link mobile. You can now play steam games on your fucking mobile by offloading the processing to your PC and steaming to your phone. AKA as mainframing. Google also is trying to do this with their new console. I personally witnessed Warframe being played on a phone. Are the controls good you ask? Fuck no they're not you silly shit, it's a mobile phone. But any simple game like castle crashers or Volgarr could be played quite well.

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Steam link got turned into steam mobile link

Post by Enigma » Sat May 25, 2019 7:57 am

That's an interesting concept, and if 5G takes off like it has so far it's entirely viable. I remember back when a 700 ping was average, now I've seen kids turn down a server because it had over 70 ping. If we get the ping down to negate apparent input lag, I would totally be down for a console where all the games stay safely at home.
:weed: [IP: logged]