Civilization I

Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!
Enigma
Site Admin

Civilization I

Post by Enigma » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:24 pm

This game gets a lot of praise, so I figured why not check it out, and for such an old game it's actually impressive in terms of depth and technical ability. I can see why, if you were around during it's release, it would have been a great time killer, however I find it harder to play games like this anymore due to how counter-intuitive some of the mechanisms are, like how you can't walk within 1 square of ALLIES, and the shit with the boats. I'm going to check out Civ 3 next, since I guess Civ 2 is the same way as I.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Civilization I

Post by Enigma » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:39 pm

Idk, Civ 3 isn't any better, so I'm thinking this just isn't the game for me.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:15 pm

Are you talking to yourself or are there posts I'm not seeing?

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:37 am

I'm giving an update on my experience with Civilization 1, 2, and 3.