PS2 Rumble Fix

Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!
Enigma
Site Admin

PS2 Rumble Fix

Post by Enigma » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:36 pm

To fix the rumble function on your PS2 you must completely disassemble it down to the board, then locate the power connector on the board (4 prong) that the power supply sits on. Around there there will be two fuses labeled "S7". I was able to fix my rumble functionality by clipping the top off of the fuse further away from the power connector, leaving as much of the broken legs and internal plate as possible, then flowed a little solder to connect the legs. Rumble works fuckin' tits now, and if I ever decide to go in and change the battery I can snap a pic for anyone interested.
:weed: [IP: logged]