Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 suck

Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!
Enigma
Site Admin

thumbs down Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 suck

Post by Enigma » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:12 am

I got this expecting it to be semi-decent, especially after reading reviews and seeing that it's supposed to be like RCT 1 only 3D and didn't even get the second disc in before I knew this game was going to be garbage. First of all, the 3D kind of sucks, so it's like looking at a shittier version of RCT 2, and for no real reason everything got changed as far as the UI and rule sets go, so you're going to spend the first hour trying to figure out where all your beloved features are. I would skip this one and go right back to RCT 2 with the OpenRCT mod.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Re: Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 suck

Post by Das Troll » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:37 pm

I never could get into rollercoaster games because building a park wasn't that fun to me, what was fun was finding ways to abuse the game. I used to play a rollercoaster game on the Sega that allowed me to set the prices, chance of winning, and value of the prize won on the booth games. I would set the chance to near 100% win ratio and make it 100 dollars to play the game to win a 50 dollar prize. People seemed to like it.

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 suck

Post by Enigma » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:17 pm

For some reason I'm drawn to economic based games, and that's what RCT 1 and 2 are more or less about: economics.
:weed: [IP: logged]