Just Cause 4 is a shite game and was barely worth grabbing for free

Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!
Kheron
Registered

Just Cause 4 is a shite game and was barely worth grabbing for free

Post by Kheron » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:49 pm

Seriously. The controls are horrendous - they feel clunky and hard to maneuver. I shouldn't have to fight the controls. It wouldn't be that bad if the controls weren't also buggy as hell. Half the time I can't grapple something two feet infront of me, half the time my grapple will be perfectly aimed but somehow attach to something else on the object and fuck up pulling a switch (for the love of GOD why didn't they just let me flip levers with my fucking HANDS), and half the time the grapple will also be delayed/trying to do the hold & click again function will instead do the tap-button function and fling me to my target instead (or the other way around).

I've also fallen out of the map MULTIPLE times. There was even one area I could straight up see outside of the map...indoors.

I seriously would not recommend this game to anyone. I can see why it was one of the games Epic gave away for free when most have been like, small indie games or some shit. I'm close to rage quitting and uninstalling this game but my need to finish shit I start is keeping me going.

Das Troll
Registered

Re: Just Cause 4 is a shite game and was barely worth grabbing for free

Post by Das Troll » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:54 pm

I heard Epic was also shit. Not surprised at all that they would host garbage.

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:04 pm

Epic has a lot of problems, yea. They've also sunk a lot of money into timed exclusivity deals so that Steam and other platforms couldn't get the game at release since Epic figured it'd get them a bigger playerbase. I ended up buying a few games through them that I would have gotten anyway, like Borderlands 3, and haven't had much of an issue with them.

The client seriously is trash, though. They need to seriously fucking work on it. They hardly have any games it feels like, either, besides small dev/indie games, old/trash games, and new ones they got exclusivity deals on.

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:25 am

Oh it can't be that bad....

*looks it up* "6/10 on steam. 3.8/5 Gamestop"

Oh my...... I was going to chick it out but I'm not paying $40 for a bad game no matter how much DLC comes with it lmao
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:48 am

Yea, those reviews are earned. There's a lot I left out of my OP. And every glitch or bug I've experienced I have experienced multiple times. There was also stuff that was clearly not tested.

Like, for instance, there's a handful of missions at harbors where you have to drive bomb-strapped cars into the water in time. There's more than you need, and some of the cars you can drive into the water are on transport ships with big open lower decks. I tried grappling to the lower area and it brought me to the tiny ass bridge of the ship up top. Every. Single. Time.

Zero playtesting. That shit should have been caught.

Everh time I fly a chopper I get a radio msg of the enemies knowing I have one even if there's none within a fucking mile of me. Same if you enter a tank or any car, same with entering enemy territory even quietly (though sometimes I sneak in? I'm confused).

Also, enemy helicopters and boats crash into mine. It's their favorite thing to do. And those harbor missions? The enemies liked to block me with their cars or ram into my bomb cars, they never did that elsewhere in the game yet, only ramming my boats and choppers. I feel like that one was on purpose and it is more frustrating g than anything.

Low tier enemies will take half of a 70 round smg magazine to the chest to die, but 1 headhsot is still an insta-kill.

I had an enemy drone hover above my tank, shooting me from where I couldn't reach it with my guns. Annoying, and a smart drone irl but not what I'd ever expect in a game.

There's still more that's slipping my mind right now. It's such a shit ass game that I'm legitimately forgetting all the ways it has bugged out or had wonky ai.

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:01 pm

I guess it's worth noting that if you wanted to pirate it, it is maybe worth it? I wouldn't pay much money for this game at all, but if it weren't for the glaring flaws in design/development it'd be insanely fun. So much stuff to blow up, and when grapple and your wingsuit &parachute are all working you feel like a boss zipping around, blowing shit up from the sky, hanging from stuff like Batman - with guns. And the game world is beautiful, even while annoyed I found a bit of happiness just flying over snowy mountains or jungley areas.

It's good for stupid fun & carnage, but the bugs get in the way of the enjoyment too severely to warrant much more than maybe $10 or $15 at the most I'd say. But that's just me. I refuse to play games that have shit controls or horrible systems. The fact I am still playing it is...something.

Semi related: I tried to emulate Legend of Dragoon the other day. Holy fuck the visual cue of the addition skills is HORRIBLE. I didn't even bother learning the timing of the attacks, I put that game down within 5 minutes. Why the fuck did I like it as a kid?

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:29 pm

I guess I'll wait for it to go on sale lmao. Kinda sounds like it could be a good Helladamnleet Plays video
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet