Massive Nintendo Leak

Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!
AngryIVer
Registered

Massive Nintendo Leak

Post by AngryIVer » Wed May 06, 2020 6:17 am

Yeah yeah, I'm late to the party:

This is apparently pretty big even though we've had emulators for all this shit for years.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet

Das Troll
Registered

Re: Massive Nintendo Leak

Post by Das Troll » Wed May 06, 2020 11:20 am

I'd be stoked if they made a emulator for the pi that isn't a total turd. I didn't know this was a thing. Good find.

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Wed May 06, 2020 12:18 pm

The Switch has a Nes and SNes emu available for free if you have a Nintendo Online subscription. Not many games on them tho. I think Nintendo is trying to make official emulators available for convenience/to pull away from people emulating on their computers/phones. It would be kinda nice to be able to play old Nintendo games on my Switch on the go, or even just curled up in bed not wanting to fuck with my computer/my janky xbone controller cord that comes loose.

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Wed May 06, 2020 5:03 pm

The only shit thing about this is:

1) Dolphin devs already stated they won't put anything they found into their emulators because it's proprietary Nintendo code

2) There was only data up to the DSi.

Now HOPEFULLY someone with a little bit a man in them sacks up and makes a good N64 emulator. IMO anything beyond that is so easy to play on the authentic hardware that it's almost silly to play on anything but (For example, the Wii U can play Wii, Wii U, and Gamecube games all of the hard drive with 100% authentic play experience, the Dreamcast and Saturn have SD card readers, the 3DS is softmodable for 100% authentic hardware gameplay). Beyond that there's a $200 premium for a flash cart to play on authentic hardware, so emulation still makes sense.

I haven't gotten high yet, so that may not make perfect sense.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet