Emulating on the Switch?

Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!
Kheron
Registered

Emulating on the Switch?

Post by Kheron » Sat May 16, 2020 12:04 pm

Never put an emu on any console/hand held before. Anyone know much about doing that? Switch has a Nes and Snes emu as part of the Nintendo Online subscription but the games are limited. I'd love to emulate Legend of the Seven Stars, or the Gameboy so I can play the Zelda Oracle games. Maaaaybe a ps1 emu for that era of Final Fantasy games.

Can't add any games to the emus Nintendo provides either, I don't think. You're locked into a fairly small selection of games.

AngryIVer
Registered

Re: Emulating on the Switch?

Post by AngryIVer » Sat May 16, 2020 7:27 pm

I know for sure the first few firmwares were soft moddable but couldn't say on the newer ones as I don't have a switch.

Will look into it when I'm done with GTA V for sure.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet