What do I do?

Do you have suggestions for improving the site? Do you need help with your account or the BBS? This is where to post.
Post Reply
Faggotplats
Registered
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:35 am

What do I do?

Post by Faggotplats » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:34 pm

Everyone keeps telling me to be grateful I even have a job.

Well I am not grateful right now.
I dont think its my employers place to decide for my coworkers and I whether they are going to take our safety seriously.
The temperatures they have been taking for a week now have all been lies.
The damn thing doesn't even work right...
and for a week they have been using it to check everyone's temperatures to see if they have a fever before sending us out to work.
3 seperate temperature checks I watched my boss take and I saw numbers between 90 and 100 degrees.
I confronted him privately about it and his response was "you have to add 4 sometimes".
My reply was "Then that is not accurate".
He didn't say anything but I told him that if anyone else finds out that you guys have been bullshitting our safety like that and lying to us that I really wouldn't wanna be the guy responsible (him).
Everyday they have sent people home with fevers and they do not tell the incoming shift that "hey, we had a guy here who looked really sick, said he was sick and worked for 6 hours before we sent him home".
Their solution to the 6 foot social distancing rule has been to add a little space between operators but it doesn't do a damn thing really.
They laid boxes on tables so only 1 person can sit at them.
Here is my breakroom. Notice the tables in the back have carboard taped across 75% of them.

Image

Now there is nowhere for everyone to sit before work or during lunch.
Which by the way they keep gathering everyone in the breakroom (all 15 of us) and take our temperatures.
So even if we send someone home for having a fever we still just all spent the last 10 minutes with him in the breakroom with us.

Slapping to anti-bacterial dispensers on the wall and telling me "don't worry so much" doesn't cut it for me.

Also I found out that whenever I do quality control I am suppose to be making an extra dollar.
Well the way I figure they probably owe me about 5 weeks of dollars for that.
Which pisses me off extra bad cuz when I tried and failed to get a raise a month ago I was told "your just a machine operator. You do the extra because you want to".
No, you keep asking me to because you know I am good at it.

I understand some people need money but we are not an essential business.

We make guns and ammo accessories and my boss decided we could run the 1 military contract we have and while it goes we might as well make all our parts that we sell.
So the military contract is being ran very very slowly while all our parts are being made so my boss can buy a new house.

I just really disappointed about the whole thing.

Who is my boss to decide for everyone elses safety that "social media has just blown it all out of proportion"
They probably have blown it way out of proportion but I think we should at least not have our safety jeopardized just in case it turns out to be really bad.

and on top of all of it the whole reason I am mad is because of everything going on and how it is being handled.
I was already mad to begin with as everythings been fucking stupid for a real long time now.

And now it is like all the different types of stupid in my daily life are interacting with each other at once.

I know I am bipolar so I am going to take tonight and rest.
Think about everything.
And decide tomorrow on the best course of action to take concerning everything.

I have sick days to use.
People keep saying if you use your 5 extra corona sick days now then what are you gonna do when you do get sick?
For 1 if I get sick chances are I got sick from being at work.
and 2 Imma hopefully not be hooked up to a ventilator because you guys thought it was a joke.

I just wanna vent and get it all off my chest so I can't quit thinking about it and enjoy my fucking evening.

You guys don't think this is just false outrage do you?

We had half of my shifts operators leave at lunch because they wanted to.
They didn't wanna be there. They could have stayed and did something and got the rest the days pay...

I just don't know what to do or who to believe anymore.
All my government does is argue and bicker and a lot of some of their views seem so out of line to me that I can't believe anyone who actually thinks like can have actually been elected by the people and not corporations.

It feels like everything about greed.

The virus itself could have been handled a lot better from the get go but it wasn't.
Im grateful it was not handled worse but I am not happy that the people in a position to handle it can handle it this bad.

Where's my 2 trillion dollars?
I want my vacation.

My state is suppose to be under a quarantine but with no one willing to make the businesses enforce it...

And who knows if anyone will get a check from the government.

It sure won't be anything near enough to cover a bill from the american healthcare system if I got to the hospital.

Das Troll
Registered
Posts: 640
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:10 am

Re: What do I do?

Post by Das Troll » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:43 pm

Fonaplats wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:34 pm

You guys don't think this is just false outrage do you?
No, I work at a hospital and while it's not as bad as the 24/7 news lets on, it's still bad. This shit can still kill you deader than a door nail and it can do it to the young and healthy. Just imagine drowning while you have the flu and you're not in water.

Sounds like your boss is a shit head taking advantage of the situation. You could try and report him to the higher ups unless hes the owner. Most places have a way to do that anonymously.

Faggotplats
Registered
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:35 am

Re: What do I do?

Post by Faggotplats » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:37 am

He is the owner.

Das Troll
Registered
Posts: 640
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:10 am

Re: What do I do?

Post by Das Troll » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:17 am

Fonaplats wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:37 am
He is the owner.
Might be shit out of luck.

AngryIVer
Site Admin
Posts: 788
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 12:19 am
Location: Россия
Contact:

Re: What do I do?

Post by AngryIVer » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:11 am

When you say "add 4" you mean it's reading 90 and he's writing down 94? I'm so confused because a fever isn't even until 100.7 either way.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet

Faggotplats
Registered
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:35 am

Re: What do I do?

Post by Faggotplats » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:47 am

AngryIVer wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:11 am
When you say "add 4" you mean it's reading 90 and he's writing down 94? I'm so confused because a fever isn't even until 100.7 either way.
Basically is all just been bullshit.

AngryIVer
Site Admin
Posts: 788
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 12:19 am
Location: Россия
Contact:

Re: What do I do?

Post by AngryIVer » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:20 pm

Fonaplats wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:47 am
AngryIVer wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:11 am
When you say "add 4" you mean it's reading 90 and he's writing down 94? I'm so confused because a fever isn't even until 100.7 either way.
Basically is all just been bullshit.
I see. The more you talk about this place the more it sounds like a death trap.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet

Post Reply