It's strange we don't see more traffic

Half Baked is for the lols, irrelevant ponderings, asking stupid questions, licking the proverbial butter, whinging, being a general prat. This is NOT a spam forum. HB adheres to totse-wide rules.
AngryIVer
Registered

It's strange we don't see more traffic

Post by AngryIVer » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:37 pm

Considering this is the SECOND iteration of New Totse, with the original New Totse actually having been somewhat popular.

I am noticing some real legit looking lurkers coming in lately though too.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet

FuckKiKi

Re: It's strange we don't see more traffic

Post by FuckKiKi » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:07 am

For some reason, I had trouble finding this second iteration otherwise I would have joined sooner. I legit looked in the recesses of Reddit to see what happened to everyone and this was a link in a post with about 3 karma.

Is there a way you could upload the old database into a hidden part of the site to game the keyword searches?

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:22 pm

Yeah, to my understanding /r/TOTSE is ran by Dfg, who runs Totseans. Dfg and I don't get along because from day one I've been 3 steps ahead of him, and I told him how stupid modelling a Totse offshoot after Reddit was.

Then you have the NiS bunch who also hate me because I started New Totse. They're convinced it's because I'm on a power trip when in reality I just want the community to be able to grow the same way Totse did. Through angsty teens thirsty for knowledge Googling taboo topics.

Tbqh, I'm worried about the future of New Totse because when NiS goes down, which it will, we're going to get a flood of jackasses who need more moderation than I'm prepared to put in place. I'm reeeeaaaallllly banking on a slow growth.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:46 pm

AngryIVer wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:22 pm

Tbqh, I'm worried about the future of New Totse because when NiS goes down, which it will, we're going to get a flood of jackasses who need more moderation than I'm prepared to put in place. I'm reeeeaaaallllly banking on a slow growth.
Moderation that you're prepared to do or put into place? At a certain point you're going to need at least 1 mod per forum to control for things like actual illegal stuff, IG CP.

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:39 am

Das Troll wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:46 pm
AngryIVer wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:22 pm

Moderation that you're prepared to do or put into place? At a certain point you're going to need at least 1 mod per forum to control for things like actual illegal stuff, IG CP.
I'm prepared to DO it, but I have a 6am to 4pm+ Monday-Friday job and can't realistically do it myself.

I'm also not prepared to put any in place. What I meant was hopefully people roll in slowly enough that I can take my time choosing people to be mods, cuz I don't want just any jackass doing it and need a team that can get a long.

FuckKiKi

Post by FuckKiKi » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:42 pm

Well first off, I'm totally willing to moderate the more illegal parts of the forum since I am staff on plenty of alt forums as it is.

Secondly though, I agree, the people who come from NIS are going to be a handful. I made my account and posted something and first comment is someone telling me to kill myself lmao.

Back to my original comment, you could still crawl the proboards site and the totseans site and upload them to a subforum within a subforum which would give you the search parameters necessary for dumb kids to come learn how to make pipe bombs

FuckKiKi

Post by FuckKiKi » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:47 pm

Now that I think about it though....

If you can get a legit backup of the proboards and the other site, you could import all of the Users which would allow you to mass email them telling them this is the legit iteration of Totse and to come log in. It would import their passwords and emails too which would be easy to use. It's much better than just doing a front end scrape.

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:00 pm

Wouldn't I need database access to do that?

Also, fuck Totseans. I don't need a bunch of bot posts and meth recipes they stole from here.

FuckKiKi

Post by FuckKiKi » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:46 pm

AngryIVer wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:00 pm
Wouldn't I need database access to do that?

Also, fuck Totseans. I don't need a bunch of bot posts and meth recipes they stole from here.
Yes but are there no database leaks somewhere? Maybe an old admin?

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:26 am

Not as far as I know. The big one people seem to want, the Holy Grail of database backups, would be Zoklet, but the only person who MAY have a backup of that would be Zok himself.

Doylegp

Post by Doylegp » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:53 am

I would really like an opportunity to volunteer helping you guys out. Moderate or doing other things until there is some trust established. Anything I can do on my free time please feel fee to ask.. And no I won't suck your dick.

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:38 am

Just being a continued member of the community is the most I can ask of anyone right now. It's great having some honest to god regulars finally.

legendaryninjacutter

Post by legendaryninjacutter » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:40 am

AngryIVer wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:26 am
Not as far as I know. The big one people seem to want, the Holy Grail of database backups, would be Zoklet, but the only person who MAY have a backup of that would be Zok himself.
I backed up Zoklet on my old laptop. also there is a backup of zoklet on web.archieve.com....

legendaryninjacutter

Post by legendaryninjacutter » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:16 am

FuckKiKi wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:42 pm
Well first off, I'm totally willing to moderate the more illegal parts of the forum since I am staff on plenty of alt forums as it is.

Secondly though, I agree, the people who come from NIS are going to be a handful. I made my account and posted something and first comment is someone telling me to kill myself lmao.

Back to my original comment, you could still crawl the proboards site and the totseans site and upload them to a subforum within a subforum which would give you the search parameters necessary for dumb kids to come learn how to make pipe bombs
the NIS people are a little weird. The site name is kind of funny, your post was GREAT though. Keep it up !

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:05 am

legendaryninjacutter wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:40 am
AngryIVer wrote:
I backed up Zoklet on my old laptop. also there is a backup of zoklet on web.archieve.com....
That isn't even a real website.

The archive.org's wayback machine on the otherhand pulled something up.

Anyway, email me the backup: [email protected]
:weed: [IP: logged]

legendaryninjacutter

Post by legendaryninjacutter » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:56 pm

Helladamnleet wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:05 am
AngryIVer wrote:

yeah thats what I meant. and its on my other computer in chicago. I used a add-on called scrapbook.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:34 pm

Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:56 pm
Helladamnleet wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:05 am
AngryIVer wrote:

yeah thats what I meant. and its on my other computer in chicago. I used a add-on called scrapbook.
But, like, it's the sort of thing I could be hosting?

I didn't even think of the wayback machine, honestly. Maybe I COULD add a Zoklet theme.....

FuckKiKi

Post by FuckKiKi » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:44 pm

How did this go?

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:50 pm

Now that you mention it I never did get any sort of contact about this, which is semi disappointing because Zoklet, as much as I hate it, did bring in a generation of members.

Then again, that group of people moved on to Into Sanctuary and Niggasin.space, so it's not like they're scattered to the winds.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:45 pm

Now that you mention it I never did get any sort of contact about this, which is semi disappointing because Zoklet, as much as I hate it, did bring in a generation of members.

Then again, that group of people moved on to Into Sanctuary and Niggasin.space, so it's not like they're scattered to the winds.

DBDK
Registered

Post by DBDK » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:50 pm

The reason we are not seeing more traffic is because the GPT2 bots used on 4chan do not work here, due to user registration.

People are all just scrolling bot posts on FB/Twitter/4chan like skinner boxed cocaine rats.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:09 pm

Well yeah, if the anti-spam shit goes down for even a day I end up deleting hundreds of bot posts.

DBDK
Registered

Post by DBDK » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:20 pm

Helladamnleet wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:09 pm
Well yeah, if the anti-spam shit goes down for even a day I end up deleting hundreds of bot posts.
We should just start spamming /pol/ and let them know it sucks so much there because they are all getting trolled by a US government robot.

Also, a :glownigger: emote would help.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:57 pm

As long as we spam it with links to newtotse.com

fuckreddit
Registered

Post by fuckreddit » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:52 pm

bro i thought this would say why dont we see more tits but its traffic goddamn should widen my browser window
Ту лоцуи ин црима - орас!

DBDK
Registered

Post by DBDK » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:19 am

tits sometimes help with traffic

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:24 am

We get a fair amount of traffic now, people just get put off by the lack of conversation ironically caused by nobody just sticking around. Being an actual growth driven website is what's going to help us in the end.