IRC sees a weird amount of traffic

Half Baked is for the lols, irrelevant ponderings, asking stupid questions, licking the proverbial butter, whinging, being a general prat. This is NOT a spam forum. HB adheres to totse-wide rules.
Enigma
Site Admin

confused IRC sees a weird amount of traffic

Post by Enigma » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:59 am

Like, why? Just sit and idle. I don't get notified when people join and I can't sit there and watch it.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Ain

Re: IRC sees a weird amount of traffic

Post by Ain » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:03 pm

I used to have the Merlin plugin that turned the text in speech, and I could just listen to the conversations. I don't know is that is still a thing or not. but it allowed me to do other things, and still know what was going on in the Mirc chat rooms. You want to see something funny go to the #slashdot on the slashnet server. I don't think the room is even listed in the chan list, but it is there still. It is a room full of lurkers. You can go and lurk with the cool kids! But, just don't say I sent you there.
I pop in there from time to time, but I don't cause any more trouble. I don't want banned from the server. Years ago I took over the #slashdot chat room and it didn't go over very well. I'm quite confident that nobody there remembers that now, but I'm still on my best behavior now. I de-oped the mods, kicked and banned them from the chan, and then changed the topic to "My Kung Foo is Stronger than yours!"

All in a string of commands. Something like: /hop /de-op $nicks /kick $nicks /ban $nicks /topic #slashdot "My Kung Foo is Stronger than yours!"

You have chan ops for a split second when you enter a Irc chatroom before chanserv moves you down the echelon, Needless to say even Enigma was pissed. and I had to apologize. No more of that. nonsense. I'm sure that is not the exact syntax for the commands, I've forgotten a lot of that. But those were good times.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:42 pm

I never spent a ton of time in the totse irc, just enough time to get into trouble.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:40 am

Ain wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:03 pm
I used to have the Merlin plugin that turned the text in speech, and I could just listen to the conversations. I don't know is that is still a thing or not. but it allowed me to do other things, and still know what was going on in the Mirc chat rooms. You want to see something funny go to the #slashdot on the slashnet server. I don't think the room is even listed in the chan list, but it is there still. It is a room full of lurkers. You can go and lurk with the cool kids! But, just don't say I sent you there.
I pop in there from time to time, but I don't cause any more trouble. I don't want banned from the server. Years ago I took over the #slashdot chat room and it didn't go over very well. I'm quite confident that nobody there remembers that now, but I'm still on my best behavior now. I de-oped the mods, kicked and banned them from the chan, and then changed the topic to "My Kung Foo is Stronger than yours!"

All in a string of commands. Something like: /hop /de-op $nicks /kick $nicks /ban $nicks /topic #slashdot "My Kung Foo is Stronger than yours!"

You have chan ops for a split second when you enter a Irc chatroom before chanserv moves you down the echelon, Needless to say even Enigma was pissed. and I had to apologize. No more of that. nonsense. I'm sure that is not the exact syntax for the commands, I've forgotten a lot of that. But those were good times.
Sounds pretty lit tbqh. I'm just mad the #totse is on the permban list for channels. Like, nobody owns it and you can't make it.
Das Troll wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:42 pm
I never spent a ton of time in the totse irc, just enough time to get into trouble.
I spent a fair amount of time there. There was a distinct time when even Totse got a little slow at night when IRC was the way to go.
:weed: [IP: logged]