So this place would be jumping.....

Half Baked is for the lols, irrelevant ponderings, asking stupid questions, licking the proverbial butter, whinging, being a general prat. This is NOT a spam forum. HB adheres to totse-wide rules.
AngryIVer
Registered

So this place would be jumping.....

Post by AngryIVer » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:38 pm

If we weren't too small to create some buzz like back in the day. Totse was in the news semi-frequently, but due to it's size it was usually impossible to tell who did anything (besides the fact that most of the shit was planned off site).
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet

Das Troll
Registered

Re: So this place would be jumping.....

Post by Das Troll » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:06 pm

Different time. Get into half of that shit now and the feds will come down on you like a ton of bricks.

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:06 pm

There was never anything to come down on, though. That's like blaming Disney for someone doing grafitti with Micky Mouse.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:41 am

AngryIVer wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:06 pm
There was never anything to come down on, though. That's like blaming Disney for someone doing grafitti with Micky Mouse.
Warweed blew shit up. I remember a totse meetup with Zok and Wintermute where someone brought a gun. One of the guys I met was a thieving drug addict. I don't think they need a big deal to start up on you. Hell Jeff fought off the feds for years over dumb shit like the Anarchist Cookbook. I personally would like to see this place turn into a free speech haven where if it follows the basic rules of free speech and doesn't break the law then it's OK.

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:25 am

The big point being that they never had shit on Jeff. They never had enough to shut him down, because nothing really happened ON SITE. All of our jackassery was done via private forums and IRC chat rooms.