Slow Connection Test

Half Baked is for the lols, irrelevant ponderings, asking stupid questions, licking the proverbial butter, whinging, being a general prat. This is NOT a spam forum. HB adheres to totse-wide rules.
AngryIVer
Registered

thumbs up Slow Connection Test

Post by AngryIVer » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:26 pm

Just for shits I'm testing the site to see if it would still work with a shit internet connection. I am making this post with a simulated 28k connection with a 7k upload speed. In the event of a total world wide shut down I could get a HAM radio IPV4 network online that is capable of up to 500Kbps, so we would be waaay more than fine.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet

AngryIVer
Registered

Re: Slow Connection Test

Post by AngryIVer » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:29 pm

And actually, that isn't entirely true. Someone has made a device that can make this network, but I don't have that device. I COULD, however, get a telephone system up and running using HAM and a few other antiquated telephone systems. A lot of this information is (thankfully) documented on the OG portion of Totse.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:48 am

Might be a good test. You could do a super stripped down version to save bandwidth.

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:43 am

I was actually surprised at how well everything worked in 28k mode. Granted, the initial load time was up there, but once it cached everything it was barely noticeable in terms of speed reduction.