People that hate on cable

Bitch, moan, flame, and complain.
Enigma
Site Admin

Angry People that hate on cable

Post by Enigma » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:05 pm

This shit kind of pisses me off, mainly because none of the current reasons are valid. Like, you still get ads with streaming, in the same frequency, for the same amount of time depending on the content, it's just the same 2-5 ads on repeat for hours, often for items that you don't usually buy every day, where with cable it's often for local businesses, or events going on near by.

I guess what I'm saying is, fuck cutting the cord when the cord is home.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Re: People that hate on cable

Post by Das Troll » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:03 am

I haven't had cable for many years. What I want to watch I download and I have so many ad blockers I've forgotten that YouTube has ads. Why pay for the cow when you get the sex for free?

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:32 am

Because if the network isn't money they will stop making content.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:26 pm

Helladamnleet wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:32 am
Because if the network isn't money they will stop making content.
True but things are turning ala cart these days and that's the future. Cable has had a strangle hold on the public for 30 years, charging more and more per month because what was the alternative? Network TV and their 4 channels? On the flip note I don't want to pay extra money so BET can keep it's doors open. So many channels only exist because they're parasites that feed off the success of other channels. I say cut out that middle man and go to the internet.

Now with that said, cable companies have figured this out and they've seen the success of Netflix. It's becoming "cable lite" in my opinion. Disney has pulled its Marvel shows from Netflix so they could run their own pay service, Amazon has it's own stuff, Hulu, ect ect. These are basically little cable companies.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:52 pm

It'll all come full circle soon. Now that you have to have 6 different streaming services at $10+ each per month it's almost silly to not just get cable for the same amount.

The only difference between then and now is you're paying for these Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Prime exclusive series to be made.