How to correctly use a knife for intimidation when you need defense

This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons.
fuckreddit
Registered

How to correctly use a knife for intimidation when you need defense

Post by fuckreddit » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:25 am

so i dont really want to talk about it but i need to use my knife to block someone who has lost it from entering a room

my knife if a fixed blade small but pretty sharp. not amazing for stabs as it bends but would do the trick

if the person does keep aproaching should i just stab them and call 911? its a big mess and i really dont want to so how can i use it to intimidate someone but also scare them rather than make them upset

this sounds like a guide on how to mug someone but its really the opposite

kind of the reverse of that actually

they may or may not be armed but if they are its most likely a blunt object

the person is probably running entirely on adrenaline and is otherwise pretty weak

i dont want to harm them i simply want them to know i am serious and that they should go away

maybe tell a story about the time you got mugged?
Ту лоцуи ин црима - орас!

Das Troll
Registered

Re: How to correctly use a knife for intimidation when you need defense

Post by Das Troll » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:41 pm

A knife is a hard thing to claim is a self defense item. A lot of places will just assume that if you carry a knife and you're using it for self defense, you have malicious intent. A better bet is to use something blunt yourself and aim for boney parts of their body.

For example, a retractable baton can wrap a person on the shin or knuckles and make it suck for them real life. You could also whack them in the liver real good and drop them like a sack of shit. But the question is should you do this? It seems like you know this is a possible situation so your best bet is to close the room off and call the cops. Assault with a weapon is a pretty serious offense that you can only get away with if the person is actively trying to harm you or end your life.

Another thing I suggest everyone do is take up martial arts. Kickboxing, boxing, wrestling, jiujitsu are pretty good and useful in a situation where you need to put someone down without really destroying them.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:42 pm

Also pepper spray is good, just make sure you're not shooting it into the wind.

fuckreddit
Registered

Post by fuckreddit » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:44 am

Ok. The threat seems over so far.
Ту лоцуи ин црима - орас!

bikrap

Post by bikrap » Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:59 am

Fast food breakfast is a simple pleasure that can truly turn your whole day around. If you have yet to try the breakfast options from Taco Bell yet, you should know What time does Taco Bell close

kriptopoulin
Registered

Post by kriptopoulin » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:35 am

Das Troll wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:42 pm
Also pepper spray is good, just make sure you're not shooting it into the wind.
hehehe
I am a crypto trader for the last 5 years.The Moon channel has been extremely helpful in this regard.
If you're looking to invest in crypto,visit The Moon channel to stay ahead of all the latest news on cryptocurrency.
https://www.youtube.com/c/TheMoonCar