Been watching a lot of LockPickingLawyer

Fraud, vandalism, torture, theft, revenge, scams, and other bad ideas. Please do a forum search and site search before posting. Questions about explosives, drugs, weapons, and hacking do not belong in this forum. Please keep things theoretical in nature. Do not admit to crimes you have done or are planning to do.
Post Reply
AngryIVer
Site Admin
Posts: 601
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 12:19 am
Location: Россия
Contact:

Been watching a lot of LockPickingLawyer

Post by AngryIVer » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:32 am

And it seems like the idea of a secure lock is nothing but a pipe dream. I thought I was a noob just raking pins, but apparently that's practically all there is to most consumer and "professional" locks. Hell, I could have gotten into "more secure" buildings with a freaking magnet.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet

Das Troll
Registered
Posts: 563
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:10 am

Re: Been watching a lot of LockPickingLawyer

Post by Das Troll » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:07 pm

Yep. That's basically all a pick gun does. Hell you can make a pick gun out of an old electric tooth brush if you're slick enough. It gets harder the more expensive the lock by basically novel means. For example, soda pop machines have a circular pin system that you need a special(and expensive) pick to even attempt. Other security measures are things like more sensitive pins, U bars that fit snugly into the housing frame, or something as simple as a dead bolt. It's quite hard to use thin ass picks to turn a dead bolt lock without breaking the picks.

I had the same thought when I first started picking locks. It's really all just a big joke once you get good at it.

Side note: you can get into those cheap floor safes quite easily with a powerful Neodymium magnet. Mind you this video is a few years old but so are a lot of safes out there. Just be careful with a magnet that powerful, you can smash the shit out of your hand if it gets in between the metal and the magnet.


Kheron
Registered
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:38 pm

Re: Been watching a lot of LockPickingLawyer

Post by Kheron » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:19 pm

From what I hear locks aren't ever meant to keep everyone out and can never realistically do that. They just deter lazy people that don't want to put in the effort.

Das Troll
Registered
Posts: 563
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:10 am

Re: Been watching a lot of LockPickingLawyer

Post by Das Troll » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:25 pm

Kheron wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:19 pm
From what I hear locks aren't ever meant to keep everyone out and can never realistically do that. They just deter lazy people that don't want to put in the effort.
I would say more like they're meant to block all but the most determined people. The cheaper the lock the easier it is to get in sure, but you still have to know what to do and have the touch. Most peoples view of lock picking is based off the movies where you just jam a hair pin in and wiggle it around.

AngryIVer
Site Admin
Posts: 601
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 12:19 am
Location: Россия
Contact:

Re: Been watching a lot of LockPickingLawyer

Post by AngryIVer » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:01 pm

Das Troll wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:25 pm
Kheron wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:19 pm
From what I hear locks aren't ever meant to keep everyone out and can never realistically do that. They just deter lazy people that don't want to put in the effort.
I would say more like they're meant to block all but the most determined people. The cheaper the lock the easier it is to get in sure, but you still have to know what to do and have the touch. Most peoples view of lock picking is based off the movies where you just jam a hair pin in and wiggle it around.
And for 90% of consumer grade locks they'd be spot on apparently. Sure, it takes a "touch" but I'd almost put money down on being able to walk around my block and pop 3/4 of the front doors with a bobby pin and a paperclip.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet

AngryIVer
Site Admin
Posts: 601
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 12:19 am
Location: Россия
Contact:

Re: Been watching a lot of LockPickingLawyer

Post by AngryIVer » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:03 pm

Das Troll wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:07 pm
Yep. That's basically all a pick gun does. Hell you can make a pick gun out of an old electric tooth brush if you're slick enough. It gets harder the more expensive the lock by basically novel means. For example, soda pop machines have a circular pin system that you need a special(and expensive) pick to even attempt. Other security measures are things like more sensitive pins, U bars that fit snugly into the housing frame, or something as simple as a dead bolt. It's quite hard to use thin ass picks to turn a dead bolt lock without breaking the picks.

I had the same thought when I first started picking locks. It's really all just a big joke once you get good at it.

Side note: you can get into those cheap floor safes quite easily with a powerful Neodymium magnet. Mind you this video is a few years old but so are a lot of safes out there. Just be careful with a magnet that powerful, you can smash the shit out of your hand if it gets in between the metal and the magnet.

This still works on some EXPENSIVE safes and a lot of keypad door locks.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet

Post Reply