Old Totse review #4 A Weakness in Cheap Imitation Combinations Locks

Fraud, vandalism, torture, theft, revenge, scams, and other bad ideas. Please do a forum search and site search before posting. Questions about explosives, drugs, weapons, and hacking do not belong in this forum. Please keep things theoretical in nature. Do not admit to crimes you have done or are planning to do.
Das Troll
Registered

Old Totse review #4 A Weakness in Cheap Imitation Combinations Locks

Post by Das Troll » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:45 am

https://newtotse.com/oldtotse/en/bad_id ... 66743.html

There's not much to say about this article aside from the fact that it probably doesn't work anymore if it ever did in the first place. Putting a sock between the U bar and the lock and jerking down isn't going to get you anything besides a stretched out sock. Now that isn't to say such a thing isn't possible in other ways. Cheap locks are full of holes that will let you get past them. One of thew ways is a simple set of shims. Another way is a method called the double wrench method:

Another way to get past cheap locks is a simple set of picks. A S or L rake ( short or long rake) and a tension wrench with a bit of skill will bust cheap locks as quick or quicker than a key. At one point I got so good I could insert the pick 1 time and have it unlocked.

This one was a short one but hopefully it will lead you down the path of enlightenment.

AngryIVer
Registered

Re: Old Totse review #4 A Weakness in Cheap Imitation Combinations Locks

Post by AngryIVer » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:23 am

I can see it working on VERY cheap locks, but I'd think 9 times out of 10 the latch will break before the lock.

Hell, I don't think I've ever broken the lock or even bothered cutting them because the part they attach to is typically the weak point.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:58 am

AngryIVer wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:23 am
I can see it working on VERY cheap locks, but I'd think 9 times out of 10 the latch will break before the lock.

Hell, I don't think I've ever broken the lock or even bothered cutting them because the part they attach to is typically the weak point.
Another really good point. Why pick a lock when you can just use a phillips head screw driver and take the whole mechanism off the wood.

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:11 am

Another tip for anyone reading: When you install your door make sure it's a snug fit, because I've gotten into at least one place multiple times by simply pushing hard on the door and swinging it the wrong way enough to unlock it by hand.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:23 pm

I've heard you can take a car jack and wedge it in the door frame to separate it enough to unlock a door. Never tried that one though.

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:36 pm

A lot of people seriously fail at installing doors. Some times it's worth a shot to just push really hard and see if it just comes out of the frame completely.