Speaking of lock picking...

Fraud, vandalism, torture, theft, revenge, scams, and other bad ideas. Please do a forum search and site search before posting. Questions about explosives, drugs, weapons, and hacking do not belong in this forum. Please keep things theoretical in nature. Do not admit to crimes you have done or are planning to do.
kingoffrogs
Registered

Speaking of lock picking...

Post by kingoffrogs » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:03 pm

Ok it depends on what door and lock you have in your sights (as usual.), but you might be able to use a credit card/similar object to open a door

Steps:
1: get your card
2: shimmy it into the space in between the deadbolt/latch bolt where it enters the strike plate
3: attempt to push the deadbolt/ latchbolt back into it's default position.

Hope you guys enjoy!
Stay safe out there, stranger. :sun:

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Speaking of lock picking...

Post by Enigma » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:25 pm

A very important note on locks:

Most people are too cheap to pay a professional to do it so a lot of the time they are installed with too much clearance and it can take a minimal amount of force to just flex the door frame enough to just open it up.

Welcome back?
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:07 am

That doesn't generally work on the deadbolt. There's a point where most deadbolts aren't free floating, basically at the end of the extension of the bolt it sort of locks in place. Now the finger of the door mechanism that extends and retracts when you turn the knob is vulnerable to this sort of attack. The only problem is you almost never see the finger with the inclined part of the finger towards you, you always see the flat side. You can still use this slip attack with anything that has a hook that is able to reach around to the back side of the finger.

Other easy, non destructive ways into a door are popping the hinge pins if you have access to them and then remove the whole door.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:11 am

You'd be surprised how short some dead bolts really are and just how wrong some things are done.

Another little tip: Almost every house has 1 unlocked window. It's up to you to figure out which one. Usually it's bathroom, kitchen, or some real common space though.

kingoffrogs
Registered

Post by kingoffrogs » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:50 am

Helladamnleet wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:25 pm
A very important note on locks:

Most people are too cheap to pay a professional to do it so a lot of the time they are installed with too much clearance and it can take a minimal amount of force to just flex the door frame enough to just open it up.

Welcome back?
Huh, I've never tried that before, guess that's what you get for installing a lock yourself 😂. And yeah I'm back now I got real busy with school for a while trying to balance everything in my life
Stay safe out there, stranger. :sun:

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:06 pm

I think my favorite house to get into was a buddy of mine who moved into his girlfriend's mom house after she moved out because it was getting forclosed on. Nobody had keys so they'd lock the door behind them then push the entire door frame and all in when they had to get into the house.

I have no idea what absolute moron thought "Yeah, the door is fine not secured in any way"

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:03 am

Another destructive way to get in is a car jack. Some people who don't give a shit about damaging things will put a car jack between the door and force it apart. Not the best way to go about it but if you really need to get in, its an option.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:05 am

You can also put duct tape on any window and control the break

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:48 pm

Helladamnleet wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:05 am
You can also put duct tape on any window and control the break
That's an oldie but goldie. They used to use tar paper to do that, now they just do big strips of duct tape in a circle to bust out a window quietly.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:37 pm

I bet T-Rex tape works pretty well too. It's like 4x as thick as duct tape.