Lock Picking Lawyer and his Black Friday sales

Fraud, vandalism, torture, theft, revenge, scams, and other bad ideas. Please do a forum search and site search before posting. Questions about explosives, drugs, weapons, and hacking do not belong in this forum. Please keep things theoretical in nature. Do not admit to crimes you have done or are planning to do.
Das Troll
Registered

Lock Picking Lawyer and his Black Friday sales

Post by Das Troll » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:25 pm

https://covertinstruments.com/products/ ... day-bundle

I had been after a lishi set for a while and he did a bundle recently for black friday. 300 bucks is a pretty decent amount of money to lay down right off the bat, but damnation lishi tools are almost cheating. I always had troubles picking deadbolt locks and with these things, it seems like it's a piece of cake. I haven't gotten them in the mail yet but I look forward to using them. Watch LPL videos on youtube to see how to use the lishi tools.

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Lock Picking Lawyer and his Black Friday sales

Post by Enigma » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:45 am

Oh shit I didn't know he did black friday sales.

Or was still doing anything now that Boznian Bill left :(
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:44 pm

Lishis came in today. Funny I got all the Schlage lishis except for the one on my front door. I'm going to pick up a practice lock tomorrow from the Lowels near me.

Looks like NT cant host images at the moment.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:28 am

Ohhhhh I forgot people actually used that for legitimate reasons. Hold on I'll re-enable attachments. That's totally my bad.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:06 pm

1.jpeg
1.jpeg (113.69 KiB) Viewed 3394 times
2.jpeg
2.jpeg (168.63 KiB) Viewed 3394 times
3.jpeg
3.jpeg (57.67 KiB) Viewed 3394 times
There we go

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:07 pm

Apparently the idea was made up by the chinese.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:09 pm

oooo that's one of his fancier ones.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:37 pm

Ok so I finally got off my ass and went to buy a deadbolt at the local hardware store, 40 bucks. A little expensive but a common Schlage lock and brand new. I also stopped by a thrift store and found 2 door knob key locks without a key (doesn't matter obviously) that were Kwikset locks. First I tried the KS lock. Mind you I've had NO training with these and it was literally my first time using them. Blew through it in less than a minute. I though, ok this is a pretty old and janky lock, lets move onto the 40 dollar brand new SC lock. It took me 5 minutes to get through that one. Holy shit these things are down right cheating.

Edit: You still need the tension wrench touch though. Too much or too little pressure makes it impossible to pick.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:47 pm

Yeah it's nuts the amount of locks you can just rake. I should get a lock picking kit because shit seems fun

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:51 pm

Enigma wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:47 pm
Yeah it's nuts the amount of locks you can just rake. I should get a lock picking kit because shit seems fun
It's not even raking, it's single pin picking made easy. I always had trouble with locks with over 3 or 4 pins because they're often harder to rake. But lishis just allow you to zero in on those pins and feel when they give.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:38 am

Oh yeah, I'm not saying all locks are rakeable, but it's nuts how many you actually can just rake.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:59 am

Yeah I need to start building my pick kit again. Shims, full pick set, lishis, tube picks. I gotta get good again.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:03 am

Yeah I wouldn't mind having a basic kit.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:03 pm

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:22 pm

Yeah, see, that's not very much cost wise. I'd fuck with that 100%

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:24 pm

Enigma wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:22 pm
Yeah, see, that's not very much cost wise. I'd fuck with that 100%
You can buy smaller kits and even one pick at a time.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:39 am

So I found this site called banggood. I think they're a Chinese site but if you're starting out in lock picking who gives a shit.

https://usa.banggood.com/search/lockpick.html?from=nav

They have entire sets with acrylic locks to practice on for less than 30 dollars. A good deal if you ask me. Later on once you get good you can buy something like a southord pick set for more.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:42 am

OMG they even have the detainer lock picks for like nothing. Wow, that's a great find.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:47 pm

I'm not sure if I trust the DD picks. I'd get one just to practice with it then get LPL and BB's DD pick over at sparrow lock picks for 40 bucks. What I really wanted was one of those pick guns but I couldn't find one that was just the pick gun alone. I ended up getting a second pick set with the gun and 8 shims in it along with 24 picks and another acrylic lock for like 25 dollars.

They also seem to have what looks to be knock off lishi picks. I dont know if they're as good as LPLs lishis though. I feel like something that has to be that exacting would suck exponentially more as it got cheaper.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:03 pm

Well yeah, just to get my feet wet a cheaper version would be ideal. I don't see myself picking a lot of DD locks anyway lol. Just having normal lock picks would be huge for me.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:20 pm

1.jpeg
1.jpeg (58.04 KiB) Viewed 2806 times
2.jpeg
2.jpeg (69.55 KiB) Viewed 2806 times
Ok so the new Banggood picks just came in yesterday. As you can see they're not bad as far as cheap picks go. The casing is flimsy and weak, it will fall apart soon enough. The lock is where I was really shocked. Either the first acrylic lock I got from SouthOrd is really good or this lock is just a piece of shit. Everything is lose and the pins are basically already set, just a tiny bit of movement and the lock pops open. But when you think about it, the lock really isn't meant to do anything but teach the picker how a lock reacts as you're picking it. Another turd part of the set is the tension wrenches, may as well dump these and find others because they're probably not even worth keeping. There was also a credit card with emergency picks in it that you slide into your wallet, I didn't take a picture of that one. Over all it's a great deal for the person who just wants to get their feet wet without having to dump 200 dollars into a nice set of picks they might not even use because they don't like picking. Next set is coming in a few days, I will update then.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:48 am

Have you been watching LPL lately? Idk if it's just the luck of what videos I've been picking or what, but I've only seen him pick 1 lock in the last 20 videos. It's been all wave rakes and crescent wrenches.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:26 am

Enigma wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:48 am
Have you been watching LPL lately? Idk if it's just the luck of what videos I've been picking or what, but I've only seen him pick 1 lock in the last 20 videos. It's been all wave rakes and crescent wrenches.
Maybe he's trying something new? Beats me. I imagine you can only make picking a lock interesting so many times before you take a look at the metrics and see that things are slowing down.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:03 pm

At this point I'm pretty sure it's just promoting his product line, but yeah, I get it. How many times can you pick a lock and keep it interesting.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:45 pm

Got my new set in today.
1.jpeg
1.jpeg (98.03 KiB) Viewed 2774 times
Looks to be better quality than the first one when it comes to the casing. The tension wrenches are still awful and the practice lock looks like it would give up if you gave it a stern look. They do give you a pretty nice twisted tension wrench in the set, but other than that the rest of them are kinda garbage. The pick gun is pretty cheap, both in price and quality. The trigger sometimes freezes so you have to force it back open. My guess is this wouldn't last but 10 or so uses before it broke. I guess you get what you pay for. The actual pick set isn't bad. Again it's basically a starter kit that will allow you to test the waters to see if you want to graduate to a better set.
2.jpeg
2.jpeg (86.71 KiB) Viewed 2774 times
The shim set was probably the most disappointing part of the whole set. A long time ago my friend ordered some shims that I got to play with from SouthOrd and they were strong. As you can see in the picture, the blue rubber part is very flexible and the entire shim feels like if you don't do it just right, you will bend or break the shim.

Is it worth 25 dollars? Meh, not really. The picks are good but everything else seems to be junk. If anything go find a good multi pick set for 10 dollars on banggood and do that, don't bother with any of the frills.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:04 am

That sucks, I was hoping they'd have been a little better.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:54 pm

Tried the shims on a decent lock and the bent all up. So yeah, worthless.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:45 am

That's unfortunate. It's like getting a 1,000 piece puzzle and it coming pre-assembled or something