Walmart is now starting to check your receipt like Costco for stolen items

Fraud, vandalism, torture, theft, revenge, scams, and other bad ideas. Please do a forum search and site search before posting. Questions about explosives, drugs, weapons, and hacking do not belong in this forum. Please keep things theoretical in nature. Do not admit to crimes you have done or are planning to do.
Das Troll
Registered

Walmart is now starting to check your receipt like Costco for stolen items

Post by Das Troll » Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:08 am

Use this to your advantage. They can't prove that you stole anything until they check your receipt, until then they have to assume you bought it and therefor it is your property. Stick the receipt deep in your bag and they cant search your bag. This trick was found out by a friend of mine who didn't want them fishing through his shit. He then heard one of the girls whisper to the receipt checker that they cant rifle through someone's bag, you have to willingly give it to them.

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Walmart is now starting to check your receipt like Costco for stolen items

Post by Enigma » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:49 am

Technically they can't even stop you. I got away with shoplifting in a few towns by simply walking out the door.

One of 3 things happens:

They don't do shit and you get away
They have cops waiting for you (had this happen once)
They tackle you and you sue the shit out of Walmart.
:weed: [IP: logged]

kingoffrogs
Registered

Post by kingoffrogs » Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:03 pm

It depends on what state you're in too, but you could still sue the store if the employee went beyond store policy
Stay safe out there, stranger. :sun:

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:15 pm

This actually reminds me of a story:

So a few years back I kept getting stopped at the door, like, literally every single time I went to Walmart, and it was usually by the same lady. One 112o day I finally had enough and started losing my fucking shit on the greeter about how I was being discriminated against, and the only reason I was getting stopped was because I was wearing baggy jeans and a white tank top, et cetera et cetera until eventually the manager came to diffuse the situation and I told them that I get stopped every single fucking time. They tried saying it was because it was "store policy" to stop anyone without a visible receipt but I shot that shit right down with how I watched a steady stream of people walk through and one person even set off the alarm while they were busy harassing me.

TL/DR: I caused a scene and never got stopped again, so I guess act really sus and get caught with nothing a few times so they just assume you're a suspicious looking person.

kingoffrogs
Registered

Post by kingoffrogs » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:06 pm

Shit bro, works for you then it might work for me lol. If I shoplifted, I would only do small stuff, like up to 30$ of merchandise so it would be easier to conceal.
Stay safe out there, stranger. :sun:

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:12 pm

Yeah, places don't want to be accused of profiling. It's really bad for business.

kirby

Post by kirby » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:33 am

This is mostly inaccurate information - the door checker is mostly a fear tactic, depending on what you steal, it's a glance or two. There is no magic way the door greeter knows what you purchased, or not, but looks at the bottom of the receipt for item count, type of item purchased, e.g. groceries or electronics and takes a look at you.

I'm a fan of buying electronics, and liberating everything else, electronics really are worthless, tools are also watched closely now, but no one questions a grocery for food. Ever.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:12 am

kirby wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:33 am
This is mostly inaccurate information - the door checker is mostly a fear tactic, depending on what you steal, it's a glance or two. There is no magic way the door greeter knows what you purchased, or not, but looks at the bottom of the receipt for item count, type of item purchased, e.g. groceries or electronics and takes a look at you.

I'm a fan of buying electronics, and liberating everything else, electronics really are worthless, tools are also watched closely now, but no one questions a grocery for food. Ever.
I used to go to thrift stores to look through their tools for craftsman tools, buy them for pennies, purposefully break them, then return them for new versions of the tool. Not sure the policy anymore to be honest.

I'm glad to see more accurate information.

kirby

Post by kirby » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:37 pm

Das Troll wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:12 am
kirby wrote:

I used to go to thrift stores to look through their tools for craftsman tools, buy them for pennies, purposefully break them, then return them for new versions of the tool. Not sure the policy anymore to be honest.

Ironic, the older tools usually are more valuable and higher quality. Just because something is new, does not mean it is better.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:00 am

kirby wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:37 pm
Das Troll wrote:
kirby wrote:

Ironic, the older tools usually are more valuable and higher quality. Just because something is new, does not mean it is better.
Do whatever gets you the most money I say. I have a bunch of old Craftsman tools that I would never break for some newer, inferior plastic handled bullshit. But there are things I've found that are just beat up and newer. Why not break them, get a new one, then sell it?

kirby

Post by kirby » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:14 am

Das Troll wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:00 am
kirby wrote:
Das Troll wrote:
kirby wrote:

Do whatever gets you the most money I say. I have a bunch of old Craftsman tools that I would never break for some newer, inferior plastic handled bullshit. But there are things I've found that are just beat up and newer. Why not break them, get a new one, then sell it?
1. I understand that this is bad ideas, so unironically bad ideas.
2. Craftsman warranty is no longer time, craftsman caps out to one year.
3. If the tool is slightly damaged, the older item is probably more durable then newer item.
4. Older craftsman tools carry a premium, if your goal is to resell crap - just list the old item and see how it goes, may be more or same as new w/o the extra work.
5. This does not apply for items like toolbits or general wear items.
6. I would suggest pawnshops too, that's how I furnished my complete tool collections and they will sell you bulk items for like $50-100, I bought like 500lb of sockets for like $ $60 because they had a thing in the middle of the store and they weren't going to sort it. I kept some good big sizes/snap on/matco and sold the rest on craigslist for more then I bought them all orginally lol. Not a bad idea at all, just basic flipping.
7. BI is BI and BI should be fun, but if the "legit" way is easier and makes more money/less risk - why bother.
8. I made a list, lol fml.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:55 am

kirby wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:14 am
Das Troll wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:00 am
kirby wrote:
Das Troll wrote:
kirby wrote:

2. Craftsman warranty is no longer time, craftsman caps out to one year.
It's been a while since I did this, didn't know they changed up the warranty again. It used to be a forever warranty, then it became for life (I think), now it's down to a year? Shame.

Mr Burnz

Post by Mr Burnz » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:22 pm

So....this only works if the greeter doesnt have that highlighter on a lanyard around their neck. If they are marking the reciepts, this is an abort indicator

Run through the store, grab and pay for the stuff you need. If you require multiples of something, just buy one.

go through the check out.

pay your bill.

Deal with reciept checker.

Meet room mate in parking lot, provide them with your recept.

they go through, and buggy all items on what is on reciept.

dont scan everything at till.

cancel the transaction

Stand around like you are paying( remember to wait for your reciept)

bag as if you had scanned and payed properly

show bill checker original reciept.

get offended, and demand a refund for your purchhases as you dont work there, doing a job that used to pay $15 an hour, and you dont get a discount, a wage, training even. Ham it up. enjoy this part, cause its where you set the hook.

return to customer service and insist that take back all the items.

*great talking points
Make declarations about voting for whats right with your dollar, and this self check out is bullshit
if they are gonna check to see if you did the job properly, someone shuold have told you.
Didnt know you were working that day.
Youve had a rough shift.
I didnt get trained, had to do the job. and then was tested on acurracy?
Walmart and its billion dollar CEO can get fucked.
Bring back real, trained cashiers, because you are not
Give a discount for making people do the cashiers job.

Seriously, go nuts, cause they will pay you to get gone.

collect refund.

go buy beer somewhere else
I swear, the place was burning when I got here. I'm carrying this gas can AWAY from the fire, so it doesn't catch.