RIP Coffee, Climate Change is killing it.

This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.
Kheron
Registered

RIP Coffee, Climate Change is killing it.

Post by Kheron » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:17 pm

Apparently coffee is a very sensitive fuckin' plant and the land it can grow on is shrinking. Combine that with so many of coffee farmers being small holder farmers that with the industry starting to lose money they just straight up lack the funds to buy land farther up the mountains, etc., they're going out of business or switching crops entirely.

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: RIP Coffee, Climate Change is killing it.

Post by Enigma » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:10 am

Honestly, if it can't handle a 1oC climate change over a period of 60 years I don't want it anyway.

Another response is: Looks like it's time to legalize cocaine 🤷‍♀️
:weed: [IP: logged]

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:08 am

Idk man, I rather enjoy coffee. I didn't at first but it's nice. And as addicting as caffeine can be it'll fuck my body up less than coke lmao

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:13 pm

Not necessarily true. Caffeine and cocaine have almost the same effect on your body.

Addiction is a strong word too. It's only addiction when it's something frowned upon by society. Drink 3-6 cups of coffee? No big deal. Do .25-.5 grams of meth? You're a meth addict.

Wanna know a secret? There's .25-.5 grams of caffeine in that 3-6 cups of coffee.

The bottom line here is that cocaine is just as natural as coffee, and gives you gram for gram basically the same high. You could make a bump with any drink, never detect that flavor, and have the same effect as coffee. Cocoa bushes totally grow in America, so that would never be an issue.

..... Legalize cocaine 2021?

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:53 pm

I have a big container of powdered caffeine. One tiny scoop is 50mg and it's bitter as shit.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:09 am

Das Troll wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:53 pm
I have a big container of powdered caffeine. One tiny scoop is 50mg and it's bitter as shit.
Yeah, I used to fuck with powdered caffeine. It's nasty and easily overdone.

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:57 am

Helladamnleet wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:13 pm
Not necessarily true. Caffeine and cocaine have almost the same effect on your body.

Addiction is a strong word too. It's only addiction when it's something frowned upon by society. Drink 3-6 cups of coffee? No big deal. Do .25-.5 grams of meth? You're a meth addict.

Wanna know a secret? There's .25-.5 grams of caffeine in that 3-6 cups of coffee.

The bottom line here is that cocaine is just as natural as coffee, and gives you gram for gram basically the same high. You could make a bump with any drink, never detect that flavor, and have the same effect as coffee. Cocoa bushes totally grow in America, so that would never be an issue.

..... Legalize cocaine 2021?
But what're the effects on your body? Isn't cocaine harder? I've heard caffeine can stunt yoyr growth if you're young but that's it. Isn't coke more dangerous?

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:21 pm

I mean, IS IT? How many TV producers, actors, and musical entertainers use coke all the time. In all reality the only reason we know it's bad is because the government tells us it's bad. Alcohol is technically harder on your body.

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:07 pm

Plenty of ppl OD tho, and people like Ozzy seem more like exceptions than anything. He has to be like 99% drugs by now, the fact he is alive is a damn miracle lol.

I wonder what it does to your body tho. Like, any organ damage or shit like that? How severe? I don't really trust most sources, one I looked at said it shrinks your brain and that just sounds like bullshit scare tactics

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:15 am

I wasn't necessarily using Ozzy as an example, and people OD on caffeine too.

Here's a few:
Craig Ferguson absolutely used cocaine
Andy Dick uses all sorts of drugs. He's a fucking weirdo, but healthy as a horse.
Fergie was a meth addict
Kid Rock was a coke head

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/ ... ts/cocaine

Honestly the side effects don't sound that serious.

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingre ... %20effects.

The caffeine long term effects actually sound worse.