after math final

This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.
fuckreddit
Registered

after math final

Post by fuckreddit » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:51 am

it went well

what were your hs finals like
Ту лоцуи ин црима - орас!

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: after math final

Post by Enigma » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:09 pm

I didn't go to Highschool. Got my GED at 16, dropped out, and only look back occasionally.
:weed: [IP: logged]

fuckreddit
Registered

Post by fuckreddit » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:02 pm

what do you do now?

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:46 pm

It doesn't get any easier or better with college. I also got my GED instead of my regular diploma. I then went to college.

fuckreddit
Registered

Post by fuckreddit » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:17 pm

ok

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:24 pm

fuckreddit wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:02 pm
what do you do now?
I fucked around for several years smoking meth, then spent a few years kind of figuring out how to be an adult in some regards, and now I'm warehouse for a local business, and occasionally construction. Like right now I'm doing a big ass roof and possibly getting laid off for two weeks which I wouldn't mind because I could use a vacation.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:35 pm

Best thing to do is decide early on what you want to do. Go to college or go to a trade school. Trade schools get a bad wrap but a good welder can make a mint. Don't be a stupid shit and go to college for a gay liberal arts degree either, STEM or bust. Don't, I repeat, DON'T take a lot of time off. The longer you take off the harder it is to get back into it and the less time you have to pay off your student loans. I spent my 20s doing dumb shit like drinking and playing Everquest. I wish I would have just went to college right out of high school so I could have my bachelors by the time I was 22. If you simply HAVE to take a break, take a year or so break and get into college by age 21. That way you can enjoy the party life because you'll then be old enough to drink (if you're in the states anyway).

If you want less debt and less bullshit, go into a trade school and learn a trade. Also spend time looking into ways to lighten your student debt and tax load.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:11 pm

Yeah, I also wish I'd went to college or at least found a decent entry level career instead of screwing around for like 7 years.