I might die

This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.
Das Troll
Registered

I might die

Post by Das Troll » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:05 pm

Going sky diving this Saturday for the first time. A solo jump instead of a tandem jump. Why a solo instead of a tandem you ask? Well I thought it was a fucking tandem when I signed up and paid the non refundable 350 dollars. Turns out since I'm taking it through a uni class (went back to school because I'm a slight retard) the previous classes complained that they didn't get their moneys worth if they jumped tandem because of the 4 class days worth of information they didn't get to put into use. Mind you they were given a choice to do tandem or solo.

So I might do a burn in and die. Thankfully I know how that feels since I fell off a high wall once drunk and knocked myself out. I assume dying from lawn darting at 120mph isn't much different than falling 15 feet from a high wall and knocking myself out. Except this time I just wont wake up. So no real fear there. My main fear is living as a cripple or vegetable. Deus Vult fuckers, Das Troll forever!

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: I might die

Post by Enigma » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:28 am

:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:01 am

Didn't jump. One of the parachutes malfunctioned right in front of me as they were explaining it. Considering I was taking it for a university class and we only had literally 3 classes on a zoom meeting I didn't feel comfortable. Call me a coward, but I'm not about to put my life on the line for some bullshit.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:49 am

Yeah, fuck that. It would suck to find out you got the one from the guy who failed "Parachute Packing 102" or something.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:00 pm

Just went tandem jumping. I was fine up until the point where we were hanging out the door. Then the guy just went and I nearly shit my pants. It was absolute terror for the first 10 or so seconds out of a 30 second freefall. It's like being on a rollercoaster drop for 30 seconds. Once you hit about 120 mph you start to stabilize and its not too terrible. I still nearly puked though, not sure if that was because of the terror or the fact that I chugged an energy drink before hand.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:53 pm

Props, man. I'd never have it in me to do it.

sadocgawkroger

Post by sadocgawkroger » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:09 pm

if at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:25 pm

I don't know if I will do it again. It's pretty expensive and it wasn't as exhilarating as everyone said. I wanted to do it to see if it was more exciting than doing cage matches and this is what I found out stress wise. Before a fight, the stress was off the charts up until the cage door shut then it was fine. Skydiving was the exact opposite. I was fine up until the point when we jump out.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:48 am

sadocgawkroger wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:09 pm
if at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
Sweet name.