Fuck Steve Jobs

This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.
Enigma
Site Admin

Fuck Steve Jobs

Post by Enigma » Sat May 21, 2022 12:56 pm

So I'm sure you've heard all the stories about Steve Jobs, and how he was an asshole, et cetera, and I recently watched the movie 'Jobs' which follows reported events pretty closely, and knowing what (allegedly) happened and seeing it play out (albeit by actors) are kind of different things.

Jobs was nothing but an asshole. Woz invented the Apple computer, not Jobs, the LISA (only thing Jobs was 100% directly involved in) was a massive failure, the Macintosh started out as a failure but was turned around after Jobs left/was voted out, Tony Fadell invented the iPod, et cetera. All Jobs was was an okay salesman at the end of the day.

Hell, even the first presentation of the iPhone was completely staged. He had at least 4 iPhones specially designed to each show off one function perfectly.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Vega

Re: Fuck Steve Jobs

Post by Vega » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:46 pm

Back when I was still working I was given a company iPad and a company iPhone despite having requested Android products and my employer being able to provide Android products. My manager and I always had an Android vs Apple rivalry and it was his practical joke.

I disliked using both devices. I was happy to hand them back in when I had to stop working.
:abduction:

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:57 pm

I couldn't even imagine the hell of being limited to an iPad and an iPhone for work purposes.

Vega

Post by Vega » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:18 pm

Enigma wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:57 pm
I couldn't even imagine the hell of being limited to an iPad and an iPhone for work purposes.
The merits of working in construction.

My office was a shipping container with most furniture scavenged or salvaged from the bin. It was primitive.

I liked it though. Me and my two colleagues had our own office shipping container. Everyone else had to pile into another one.

Ours had 2 heaters, a fridge, a microwave, and a coffee maker.

We set it up over time almost like how Orr set up his tent in Catch-22. Incremental improvements.

I miss the place.
:abduction:

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:59 am

Shit, that reminds me of when they built the new bridge in Red Wing, MN and they had a double wide and a shorty trailer just chilling in a parking lot near by for like 4 years.

Construction is crazy. Imagine being a career construction worker and only having worked on like 5 projects in 20 years.