Thinking about quitting smoking

This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.
Enigma
Site Admin

Thinking about quitting smoking

Post by Enigma » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:31 pm

It's become rather expensive, and I'm back to a point of not enjoying the taste anymore. Figure why not, fuck it. Anyone else here have any experience quitting?
:weed: [IP: logged]

WellHung
Registered

Re: Thinking about quitting smoking

Post by WellHung » Fri May 24, 2019 5:42 pm

Funny u should ask... OK so I'm a big time addict. Done just about everything. Smoke ciggies for probly 10 years and for some unknown reason ,nicotine is like the only thing that I ever had no trouble quitting. I more or less smoked because of my oral fixation and was triggered by other people doing it, and when I was partying, and mainly in my twenties and college days. By far best thing I've ever done and it will be the best thing you ever do too. The cumulative effect of smoking cigarets really starts to take its toll about 10 years in, and beyond... I think the best way that you can quit , frankly, is to smoke a bunch of pot for like a month straight, longer if needed , starting right after you have ur last cigaret, to bridge the transition to abstinence.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Fri May 24, 2019 7:29 pm

Funny you should reply to this because I was recently thinking about it again. 9 times out of 10 I put the cigarette out 3/4 of the way through. I could probably trick myself into thinking I need it less by getting shorts, then light 100s, et cetera. It's been more "I always smoke after X/Y/Z" for a while now.

WellHung
Registered

Post by WellHung » Sun May 26, 2019 9:15 pm

Better than smoking all the time. I used to feel OK when I smoked cigarets if I would only smoke 5 a day tops. it ruly is the best thing I ever gave up though ...now if I smoke one I feel shitty.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Mon May 27, 2019 12:54 pm

I'm down to half a pack a day from two packs a day 8 months ago, so I must be doing something right, eh?

WellHung
Registered

Post by WellHung » Mon May 27, 2019 8:47 pm

Absolutely. You're trending in the right direction. Enjoying them in moderation is not such a badd thing.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Tue May 28, 2019 6:39 am

I'm just glad I didn't supplement with a vape. I had one for about 7 months when I got a brand new car because I didn't want to smoke in it, but looking back on it I was a major faggot for vaping.