Well well well

This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.
Das Troll
Registered

Well well well

Post by Das Troll » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:13 am

Is this what Totse is now? Seems dead. Is anyone from the old guard still around? What's the history of this place?

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Well well well

Post by Enigma » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:54 am

Yes, this is what Totse is now, although this is only 1 of 3 offshoots. Most people post on either Totseans or Niggasin.space, however it seems like the crew on Niggasin.space have been semi-monitoring the progress here, so I think if they ever went down this would be the most viable choice. Being dead is why this place doesn't get attention, but oh well, going on two years online.

Basically I started this place after Totse, Zoklet, Into Sanctuary, and Red Fern all went down, and once again a site rose from the ashes claiming to not just be banking on Totse's demise. Around here I'm straight up about it, we're TRYING to be the New Totse. What it could have been if it had continued. It'll take a lot of time and effort, but one member at a time we can increase the activity.

Good to see you, Das Troll. That's a name I haven't seen in ages.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:32 am

Why did Zoklet go down? I seem to remember someone doxing him and he got real spooked. I always thought he was a little too free with his personal information. I personally think those halcyon days of our totse youth is gone. I read Jeffs last post and he's right, it's the golden age of information. Back when I first found totse it was still hard to find certain information. Now you have Google. Although I don't see why one would even want to use Google for "questionable" information that was found on old totse.

Speaking of days gone past, why would you want to take on all that horse shit Jeff had to deal with. I remember him constantly complaining about getting letters from the feds about things. Now it would be a 100x worse with the stuff that's going on today. Lynching is still alive and well, except these days it's done online. People are getting 10+ years in different parts of the world for posting the Christchurch video/manifesto. Nazi and white supremacist gets thrown around at the drop of a hat just because they don't like your brand of thought. The Overton window is gone, there is very little nuance these days. I wish totse was still around too, but I just don't think it's worth it these days.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:01 pm

SUPPOSEDLY because he got HIV and couldn't deal with the medical burden plus spend $10 a year keeping a site online.

Here's the thing, yes, any and all information that was on the original Totse is either vastly improved upon, or vastly obsolete, but the need for a place where people can DISCUSS these things, either kindly or like an asshole, is still needed, and there is an absolute vacuum of information that is terribly incomplete due to image hosts of the early 2000s going down.

One thing Zok and I agree on is that all the old text files are better left in the past. I won't even host an archive because people are bound to hurt themselves or worse with the old information, which, again, is why we need a place where we can discuss shady shit without getting banned or something equally stupid. We can't talk about shit on Reddit because of micromanagement, we can't use Totseans because Dfg is a fucking flaming homo, and Niggasin.space is for memes, not information.

Let's be honest, when we found totse back in the day, we weren't using the text files once we discovered the forum.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Thu May 02, 2019 10:36 am

Helladamnleet wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:01 pm
Let's be honest, when we found totse back in the day, we weren't using the text files once we discovered the forum.
I did. I wasn't the smartest child in the world. The anarchist cookbook got me into lock picking and phreaking. Sadly phreaking was near useless when I found it. Most phone systems got away from the old tone dialers.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Thu May 02, 2019 4:55 pm

The thing is though, now it's time for a new generation to be taught. Yeah, there's guides out there for everything, youtube videos, et cetera, but a collective knowledge trumps that by far. Having other people that have experience that can directly answer your questions and give real advice is far better than just a guide that gives you the basics.

It wasn't all shit posting and trashing each other is my point, I guess. There was actually a lot of serious discussion involved in the niche sections. It'll never be the same as it was per say, Totse had a LOT of traffic, but over time just by remaining active it could draw in a new crowd.

infinityshock
Registered

Post by infinityshock » Sat May 04, 2019 7:52 pm

Das Troll wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 10:36 am
Helladamnleet wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:01 pm
I did. I wasn't the smartest child in the world. The anarchist cookbook got me into lock picking and phreaking. Sadly phreaking was near useless when I found it. Most phone systems got away from the old tone dialers.
phreaking has been dead since shortly after the phone companies discovered they werent as smart as the people using their products.

theres a reason 'the anarchists cookbook' had a rumor the CIA penned it as a booby trapped self-destruct mechanism for subversives.

infinityshock
Registered

Post by infinityshock » Sat May 04, 2019 7:53 pm

Helladamnleet wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:55 pm
The thing is though, now it's time for a new generation to be taught. Yeah, there's guides out there for everything, youtube videos, et cetera, but a collective knowledge trumps that by far. Having other people that have experience that can directly answer your questions and give real advice is far better than just a guide that gives you the basics.

It wasn't all shit posting and trashing each other is my point, I guess. There was actually a lot of serious discussion involved in the niche sections. It'll never be the same as it was per say, Totse had a LOT of traffic, but over time just by remaining active it could draw in a new crowd.

things arent what they were back then. theres too much conflict and strife now. its not 'us vs them' with free flowing knowledge anymore.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sat May 04, 2019 9:51 pm

There's still an agenda behind most of the main stream watering holes though. It's not "Don't post shit that will get the site shut down" anymore, it's "Don't post things that might hurt someone's feelings". People try to hard to cater to a certain crowd and alienate another. All New Totse is doing is existing and being expanded upon when seen fit. Considering the low cost to keep it online, I really don't care if people get on board with it or not. People know about it, it shows up on Google, people will post if they feel like posting.