lets have a talk about racism in america

This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.
huffraid

lets have a talk about racism in america

Post by huffraid » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:50 am

I'm white, Hello.

I'm third generation American, my grandparents were from Mexican indigenous tribes, somehow, they made it here and retired on a military pension with high rank.

I am not your enemy.

I CANNOT discuss this with people without being arbirarily called a racist for even daring to point out the reality of the world around the people. racism is not a "comes from the people in power" type thing. its a "i hate you for your ancestry" type thing.

get it fucking right morons.

Das Troll
Registered

Re: lets have a talk about racism in america

Post by Das Troll » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:19 am

I think you might be confused. This is a place of near limitless free speech so you're probably going get called racist just because but that's besides the point.

The prejudice + power argument is easy to be debunk if you set the premise when the conversation starts using their own definition. By an idiots definition you have to be bigoted and in power to be racist and black people aren't in power so they can't be racist. Hell no one can be racist against white people by that twisted logic. But ask them what about places like South Africa, Zimbabwe for example? They have mobs of people killing and expelling white farmers and giving their lands to their friends. In this place almost the entire government is black, the police force is black and most of the country is black. By the original argument premise, these black people are racist against white farmers.

By then the person will probably panic and bring up apartheid if they knew anything at all in which you have a mildly harder time.

My main problem is trying to teach people there is almost no racism in the United States anymore, it's almost all ethnocentrism. When you see a person say something like, "I hate niggers so much. They do X." Ask yourself if X is a culture aspect or a biological trait? Because if's not I hate black people because they're black and inferior/superior BECAUSE they're black, then you're not racist. Also ask yourself if you took that black person and had them magically follow your own culture and see if you'd still dislike or hate them, if not then you're not racist. This is where the "I'm not racist I have black friends" saying comes from. That black friend probably shares more of your own culture than another culture and thus you like him for it. If you were truly a racist you wouldn't like the guy no matter what he said or did.

TL;DR the term racist/racism is just a buzz word that keeps people at each others throats for clicks and eyeballs.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:26 pm

I don't hate black people, I just don't care for the things the majority of the ones around me do. I'm not into smoking 5 blunts at a time and making shitty rap.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Ain

Post by Ain » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:03 pm

None of you are a racist, until your daughter starts having Mulatto babies. Or your sister brings home DeShawn, and your mom introduces you to her "friend" Tyrone.

huffraid

Post by huffraid » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:00 am

And yet at the same time I ALSO feel the same way as Ain. its called "who the fuck is this asshole, get away from my daughter"

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:39 am

Ain wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:03 pm
None of you are a racist, until your daughter starts having Mulatto babies. Or your sister brings home DeShawn, and your mom introduces you to her "friend" Tyrone.
You might be racist but I urge everyone to ask themselves a few simple questions in situations like this. Are you mad that your sister is fucking a black dude because you think he's inferior or because 13% of the population commits about half of the violent crime, has a higher case of herpes statistically speaking ect ect?

Are you mad that your mom is banging Tyrone because you think black people are inferior or because your mom is cheating on your dad or getting into some degenerate shit with Tyrone?

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:28 am

Ain wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:03 pm
Other than the fact I have black cousins, my sister DID marry a black guy, and my SIL's kid is half black.
:weed: [IP: logged]