So I just realized this site is based in phpbb . . .

The Technophiliacs forum is for discussing any and all forms of tech and other types of social backwardness. Including discussions of strange home-brewed hardware technology. Where to get good tools. How to make fiberglass molds. Computer hardware and software technolgy, including operating systems, applications, networking, hardware, CPU's, disk drives, and other geeky things. Viruses and Artificial Life discussions. End user tools discussions and support issues. Gating the Internet with other nets.
black_opps

So I just realized this site is based in phpbb . . .

Post by black_opps » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:25 am

Nice mod, I have a couple sites using same software, I would really like to customize them, but I think its a lot more complicated than just altering the CSS or am I wrong? Did someone here do the customization thereself? Im just curious as to the level of difficulty and amount of time it would take me to to, Im afraid I would just end up wanting to bash my head into the computer trying to figure out where i screwed up the code, lol. Phpbb seems pretty complex to me when I try to follow the flow of the code. (Yeah Im pretty noobish at php code). I Coded one site & maybe got a few dozen pages of code then downloaded phpbb & saw the 3000+ pages of code & was like :Link?: :fever: :confused:

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: So I just realized this site is based in phpbb . . .

Post by Enigma » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:53 am

I modified the default stylesheet to match the original Totse, then used a plugin called phpBB Sitemaker to do the side bars. All in all it probably took me about an hour and a half with all the perfecting to make the BBS side look is nice as it does.

Fun fact about New Totse: I also made a Red Fern theme, and had plans to make a Zoklet theme.
:weed: [IP: logged]