Microsoft be fucking up

The Technophiliacs forum is for discussing any and all forms of tech and other types of social backwardness. Including discussions of strange home-brewed hardware technology. Where to get good tools. How to make fiberglass molds. Computer hardware and software technolgy, including operating systems, applications, networking, hardware, CPU's, disk drives, and other geeky things. Viruses and Artificial Life discussions. End user tools discussions and support issues. Gating the Internet with other nets.
Enigma
Site Admin

redface Microsoft be fucking up

Post by Enigma » Wed May 08, 2019 6:57 am

They used to make one version of windows for office, one version of windows for home users, and need to go back to that standard by making a version optimized for gaming and a version that's better for office tasks. There is no 'I can do it all' OS, and hasn't been since Windows XP
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Re: Microsoft be fucking up

Post by Das Troll » Thu May 09, 2019 3:24 am

I'd be happy if they just went back to a regular product key instead of tying it to your motherboard. I just got a new MB and now I don't have a valid windows 10.

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Microsoft be fucking up

Post by Enigma » Thu May 09, 2019 6:26 am

SLIC 2.1 or w/e? Yeah, that, while being pretty slick in some cases is a thorn in the side of people like you who simply upgraded hardware.

Does windows still do that thing where you can only make, like, 5 hardware changes before having to completely re-validate?
:weed: [IP: logged]