Can post from Windows ME

The Technophiliacs forum is for discussing any and all forms of tech and other types of social backwardness. Including discussions of strange home-brewed hardware technology. Where to get good tools. How to make fiberglass molds. Computer hardware and software technolgy, including operating systems, applications, networking, hardware, CPU's, disk drives, and other geeky things. Viruses and Artificial Life discussions. End user tools discussions and support issues. Gating the Internet with other nets.
Enigma
Site Admin

thumbs up Can post from Windows ME

Post by Enigma » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:28 pm

I can 100% confirm that the site works just fine using Windows ME and Firefox 2.0
:weed: [IP: logged]

murderman143
Registered

Re: Can post from Windows ME

Post by murderman143 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:50 pm

now is me really that trash?

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:19 pm

Not even. I'd personally recommend it over 98 for the simple fact it has USB Mass Storage support natively, and ACPI support right out the gate, so you're not at risk of it just ramping the CPU to 100% at idle. I could barely get 98 to install, and even then it failed to read the disc on first boot so it fucked up several times in a row. With KernelEx I'm thinking it would be a viable OS.

I mean, shit, I'm posting from ME, can view YouTube, et cetera.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:20 pm

Oh, and fun fact, you can't do shit on Niggasin.space from ME, so the shit Spectral was saying about New Totse is 100% falsified shit talking based on nothing. I don't even get a security error.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:31 pm

So far I'm up to Firefox 10. It's finally starting to slightly bog down when I load certain pages, but for simple shit like this it works just fine. Niggas also kind of works in this version of Firefox, but not as well as New Totse.