DD-WRT

The Technophiliacs forum is for discussing any and all forms of tech and other types of social backwardness. Including discussions of strange home-brewed hardware technology. Where to get good tools. How to make fiberglass molds. Computer hardware and software technolgy, including operating systems, applications, networking, hardware, CPU's, disk drives, and other geeky things. Viruses and Artificial Life discussions. End user tools discussions and support issues. Gating the Internet with other nets.
AngryIVer
Registered

DD-WRT

Post by AngryIVer » Thu May 07, 2020 6:23 am

Decided to throw this on my router hoping it would fix the configuration errors (it did), and it's neat how much it's came along since 2010.

Unfortunately unless I can disable the DHCP server from my ISP's modem the router won't do me any good, other than I was strangely able to get my phone to be ad-free.

Maybe when I can focus on it I'll try it again. Beyond that my network switch config cable will be here today, so maybe I can just do what I originally intended to do and just tell the SWITCH to point to the different DNS server.

Either way if Bevcomm didn't needlessly lock down my modem I'd be Gucci right now
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet