Ethernet is dope

The Technophiliacs forum is for discussing any and all forms of tech and other types of social backwardness. Including discussions of strange home-brewed hardware technology. Where to get good tools. How to make fiberglass molds. Computer hardware and software technolgy, including operating systems, applications, networking, hardware, CPU's, disk drives, and other geeky things. Viruses and Artificial Life discussions. End user tools discussions and support issues. Gating the Internet with other nets.
AngryIVer
Registered

Ethernet is dope

Post by AngryIVer » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:19 pm

Fuck WiFi. I've always used ethernet when possible because the speed and ping are worlds better.

You wouldn't think you'd notice a few ms ping but I swear to fucking god I do, and ethernet is full duplex so I'm not getting cucked by I/O.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet

Kheron
Registered

Re: Ethernet is dope

Post by Kheron » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:12 pm

One day I hope to have fiberoptic internet, wouldn't that be sick?

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:01 pm

Wifi 6E is coming out soon. It's supposed to be multiples faster.

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:14 am

I don't think it will matter for the most part. I keep seeing them talk about how it's going to be so much better because there's more air space to work with, but at the same time mentioning an increase in the amount of air space each channel will take up that sounds mathematically like there will actually be LESS room for more channels.

I just woke up so maybe I'm reading it wrong.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet