p45 liberator type twig launcher

This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons.
Post Reply
User avatar
fuckreddit
Registered
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:13 pm

p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by fuckreddit » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:22 pm

i want to make a twig launcher, something that can shoot something but for fun so it could scare a squirrel but not kill it.

i have no idea how guns work and would only want to spend a day or two or maybe three on it.

how do i make one?

i know that people make stuff like this but not really sure how.

thanks!

:behead:
Pyrocynical groomed me, source(s): Dude trust me
:weed: :weed: :weed:

#cheguevara2020

User avatar
Helladamnleet
Site Admin
Posts: 1969
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:35 am
Location: The Interweb
Contact:

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by Helladamnleet » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:18 pm

I'd do like a spring loaded mechanism similar to a cross bow but capable of taking things that aren't bolts. Maybe have an actual barrel of sorts. If it wasn't half an hour past when I should be in bed I'd fire up fusion 360 and see what I can come up with.
#Trump2020 [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered
Posts: 974
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:10 am

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by Das Troll » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:48 am

Make a potato gun and fill it with muck or confetti. I guess you could load it with a mashed potatoes and just cover the squirrel in it while it tries to run off.

User avatar
Helladamnleet
Site Admin
Posts: 1969
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:35 am
Location: The Interweb
Contact:

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by Helladamnleet » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:08 am

I'm think the irregularity of the stick would make a pressure powered device difficult, where a strong spring would launch any solid object that fits in the barrel.
#Trump2020 [IP: logged]

User avatar
fuckreddit
Registered
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:13 pm

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by fuckreddit » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:36 am

i have about 40 dowels

could cut those up to be equal or so
Pyrocynical groomed me, source(s): Dude trust me
:weed: :weed: :weed:

#cheguevara2020

User avatar
fuckreddit
Registered
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:13 pm

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by fuckreddit » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:41 am

i just found this

https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles ... to-cannon/

i think spuds would be fine, but how safe would that be?

cant go anywhere so it would have to be in my yard
Pyrocynical groomed me, source(s): Dude trust me
:weed: :weed: :weed:

#cheguevara2020

User avatar
fuckreddit
Registered
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:13 pm

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by fuckreddit » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:03 am

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... not-inhale

blowgun time!

think this will work

perhaps kill a squirell if i make a nail dart to fuck with my sister - she go on a rampage around the neighborhood to find out who did it!
Pyrocynical groomed me, source(s): Dude trust me
:weed: :weed: :weed:

#cheguevara2020

User avatar
fuckreddit
Registered
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:13 pm

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by fuckreddit » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:16 am

CHANGED MY MIND!

I have a bb gun - and ammo - but I live in a city where it is illegal-ish.

I want to make a basic, bolt action bb gun.

Can anyone tell me how, but explain like im 5?

if the viet-cong could make em i can
Pyrocynical groomed me, source(s): Dude trust me
:weed: :weed: :weed:

#cheguevara2020

User avatar
fuckreddit
Registered
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:13 pm

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by fuckreddit » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:17 am

just to clarify will not kill anyone or anything, just target practice
Pyrocynical groomed me, source(s): Dude trust me
:weed: :weed: :weed:

#cheguevara2020

User avatar
fuckreddit
Registered
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:13 pm

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by fuckreddit » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:43 am

will make a pistol - found out roughly how.

use springs on a dowel connected to a block of wood. then bike pump in front.

use small pvc or whatever for the barrel. Will then have a simple handle

it will be a pistol so it doesnt take up space and can be moved easily.

will post pics soon - will look like a viet cong pistol
Pyrocynical groomed me, source(s): Dude trust me
:weed: :weed: :weed:

#cheguevara2020

Das Troll
Registered
Posts: 974
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:10 am

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by Das Troll » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:16 pm

fuckreddit wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:43 am
will make a pistol - found out roughly how.

use springs on a dowel connected to a block of wood. then bike pump in front.

use small pvc or whatever for the barrel. Will then have a simple handle

it will be a pistol so it doesnt take up space and can be moved easily.

will post pics soon - will look like a viet cong pistol
Sounds like you're talking about an old time zip gun.

User avatar
fuckreddit
Registered
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:13 pm

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by fuckreddit » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:30 pm

yeah, but dont want to get into deep shit - just some target practice / self defense.

i use a mac pro 5,1. i have it setup to easily be openable, and I spend 80 percent of my time awake near it. If someone comes into the house, I can easily wound them if they want to harm. Perhaps I will make 2 or 3 - one in my bed, one near my computer.

basically, I will hide the pistol there with a bag of BBs. it will probably not kill, but I am an okay shot so if a robber comes in i can blind them or you know, shoot them.

bike pump poses a problem. I have the perfect one, but it is the one I use for my actual bike. The closest store near me is a dollar tree, and they have one. However, it is 11 inches. I will update you guys asap (I will buy two of those pumps tonight. I need to find a way to mount it. The trigger will be difficult but I can probably figure it out. I suppose a rifle would be easier, but at the same time less concealable.

maybe I could find a way to hide it, but I have no loose floorboards and dont want my parents finding it. Or I could say, hey this is an automatic blowgun and they will believe me. though i dont want it lying around.
Pyrocynical groomed me, source(s): Dude trust me
:weed: :weed: :weed:

#cheguevara2020

Das Troll
Registered
Posts: 974
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:10 am

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by Das Troll » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:40 pm

fuckreddit wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:30 pm
yeah, but dont want to get into deep shit - just some target practice / self defense.

i use a mac pro 5,1. i have it setup to easily be openable, and I spend 80 percent of my time awake near it. If someone comes into the house, I can easily wound them if they want to harm. Perhaps I will make 2 or 3 - one in my bed, one near my computer.

basically, I will hide the pistol there with a bag of BBs. it will probably not kill, but I am an okay shot so if a robber comes in i can blind them or you know, shoot them.

bike pump poses a problem. I have the perfect one, but it is the one I use for my actual bike. The closest store near me is a dollar tree, and they have one. However, it is 11 inches. I will update you guys asap (I will buy two of those pumps tonight. I need to find a way to mount it. The trigger will be difficult but I can probably figure it out. I suppose a rifle would be easier, but at the same time less concealable.

maybe I could find a way to hide it, but I have no loose floorboards and dont want my parents finding it. Or I could say, hey this is an automatic blowgun and they will believe me. though i dont want it lying around.
If you're just looking to scare someone off, look into a paintball gun. Otherwise just go to a gun show and buy a cheap 100 dollar pistol. I got a small .22 for 100 bucks before and there are other guns that are also that cheap. Another great thing is the fact that a private sale is unregistered, nothing on the books. That's the actual gun show loop hole that every liberal always bitches about and doesn't actually know what it is. The gun show is just an easy place to do person to person sales. Just look for a guy open carrying a gun and strike up a conversation and ask him if its for sale. Easy peasy.

User avatar
fuckreddit
Registered
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:13 pm

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by fuckreddit » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:50 pm

cant drive yet lol

haha the internet knows my age

no, i want to make a dirt cheap one that is "legal"

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Zip-Gun

should I do this design instead? it seems easier but I want something easy. I think I will try this but tell me what you think

just shooting BBs and shit, something that doesnt shoot bullets so I cant get in trouble but could hurt someone trying to hurt me (or some cardboard).
Pyrocynical groomed me, source(s): Dude trust me
:weed: :weed: :weed:

#cheguevara2020

User avatar
fuckreddit
Registered
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:13 pm

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by fuckreddit » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:05 pm

Image
Pyrocynical groomed me, source(s): Dude trust me
:weed: :weed: :weed:

#cheguevara2020

User avatar
fuckreddit
Registered
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:13 pm

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by fuckreddit » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:11 pm

https://postimg.cc/qh5R8qMn

how'd I do?

I need to get a spring, and the mechanism has a screw on a smaller dowel - you release it to shoot.

The dowel gets stuck, so I will redo that.

On weekend I'll improve and shoot it. (Not to mention finish it).
Pyrocynical groomed me, source(s): Dude trust me
:weed: :weed: :weed:

#cheguevara2020

User avatar
fuckreddit
Registered
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:13 pm

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by fuckreddit » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:14 pm

Das Troll wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:40 pm
fuckreddit wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:30 pm
yeah, but dont want to get into deep shit - just some target practice / self defense.

i use a mac pro 5,1. i have it setup to easily be openable, and I spend 80 percent of my time awake near it. If someone comes into the house, I can easily wound them if they want to harm. Perhaps I will make 2 or 3 - one in my bed, one near my computer.

basically, I will hide the pistol there with a bag of BBs. it will probably not kill, but I am an okay shot so if a robber comes in i can blind them or you know, shoot them.

bike pump poses a problem. I have the perfect one, but it is the one I use for my actual bike. The closest store near me is a dollar tree, and they have one. However, it is 11 inches. I will update you guys asap (I will buy two of those pumps tonight. I need to find a way to mount it. The trigger will be difficult but I can probably figure it out. I suppose a rifle would be easier, but at the same time less concealable.

maybe I could find a way to hide it, but I have no loose floorboards and dont want my parents finding it. Or I could say, hey this is an automatic blowgun and they will believe me. though i dont want it lying around.
If you're just looking to scare someone off, look into a paintball gun. Otherwise just go to a gun show and buy a cheap 100 dollar pistol. I got a small .22 for 100 bucks before and there are other guns that are also that cheap. Another great thing is the fact that a private sale is unregistered, nothing on the books. That's the actual gun show loop hole that every liberal always bitches about and doesn't actually know what it is. The gun show is just an easy place to do person to person sales. Just look for a guy open carrying a gun and strike up a conversation and ask him if its for sale. Easy peasy.
https://www.sharpimport.com/g52a-m9-air ... essor.html

about scaring people off - how the fuck is this about 4 dollars?
Pyrocynical groomed me, source(s): Dude trust me
:weed: :weed: :weed:

#cheguevara2020

Das Troll
Registered
Posts: 974
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:10 am

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by Das Troll » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:04 pm

fuckreddit wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:11 pm
https://postimg.cc/qh5R8qMn

how'd I do?

I need to get a spring, and the mechanism has a screw on a smaller dowel - you release it to shoot.

The dowel gets stuck, so I will redo that.

On weekend I'll improve and shoot it. (Not to mention finish it).
Looks like it could be promising. I used do this with a toilet paper tube and a balloon. You just put the balloon inside the tube and pull it out the other side. You then load it with a rock and pull back the balloon. You could also do it with a PVC pipe.

Das Troll
Registered
Posts: 974
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:10 am

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by Das Troll » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:04 pm

fuckreddit wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:14 pm
Das Troll wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:40 pm
fuckreddit wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:30 pm
yeah, but dont want to get into deep shit - just some target practice / self defense.

i use a mac pro 5,1. i have it setup to easily be openable, and I spend 80 percent of my time awake near it. If someone comes into the house, I can easily wound them if they want to harm. Perhaps I will make 2 or 3 - one in my bed, one near my computer.

basically, I will hide the pistol there with a bag of BBs. it will probably not kill, but I am an okay shot so if a robber comes in i can blind them or you know, shoot them.

bike pump poses a problem. I have the perfect one, but it is the one I use for my actual bike. The closest store near me is a dollar tree, and they have one. However, it is 11 inches. I will update you guys asap (I will buy two of those pumps tonight. I need to find a way to mount it. The trigger will be difficult but I can probably figure it out. I suppose a rifle would be easier, but at the same time less concealable.

maybe I could find a way to hide it, but I have no loose floorboards and dont want my parents finding it. Or I could say, hey this is an automatic blowgun and they will believe me. though i dont want it lying around.
If you're just looking to scare someone off, look into a paintball gun. Otherwise just go to a gun show and buy a cheap 100 dollar pistol. I got a small .22 for 100 bucks before and there are other guns that are also that cheap. Another great thing is the fact that a private sale is unregistered, nothing on the books. That's the actual gun show loop hole that every liberal always bitches about and doesn't actually know what it is. The gun show is just an easy place to do person to person sales. Just look for a guy open carrying a gun and strike up a conversation and ask him if its for sale. Easy peasy.
https://www.sharpimport.com/g52a-m9-air ... essor.html

about scaring people off - how the fuck is this about 4 dollars?
Don't know, looks shifty to me. That's far to cheap. I guess for scaring people off you could break or cut the suppressor off to make it look more realistic.

User avatar
Helladamnleet
Site Admin
Posts: 1969
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:35 am
Location: The Interweb
Contact:

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by Helladamnleet » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:17 am

fuckreddit wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:36 am
i have about 40 dowels

could cut those up to be equal or so
Oh, in that case you could put a lot of pressure behind it and maybe even use combustion.
#Trump2020 [IP: logged]

User avatar
fuckreddit
Registered
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:13 pm

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by fuckreddit » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:07 am

Das Troll wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:04 pm
fuckreddit wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:11 pm
https://postimg.cc/qh5R8qMn

how'd I do?

I need to get a spring, and the mechanism has a screw on a smaller dowel - you release it to shoot.

The dowel gets stuck, so I will redo that.

On weekend I'll improve and shoot it. (Not to mention finish it).
Looks like it could be promising. I used do this with a toilet paper tube and a balloon. You just put the balloon inside the tube and pull it out the other side. You then load it with a rock and pull back the balloon. You could also do it with a PVC pipe.
https://postimg.cc/2bLmMT8V/4486713f

I see what you mean there. However, I want to make these cheap and disposable. However, it's not gun, so the tricky part is loading spuds and BBs. In the image above, it's pretty simple. and spring with a small handle that you pull back and release. However, that one probably has got a nail on the end of the spring to strike the primer - bbs dont do that.

I am thinking to just hold it upright for target practice. I will get into my garage this weekend and steal some supplies - copper tubing, spring, and a metal zip-tie thing.

Question - how am I to cut copper tubing? I have a few saws but am only used to my coping saw. However, I don't think it will cut it well and I only have 1 spare blade left.
Pyrocynical groomed me, source(s): Dude trust me
:weed: :weed: :weed:

#cheguevara2020

User avatar
fuckreddit
Registered
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:13 pm

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by fuckreddit » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:08 am

Pyrocynical groomed me, source(s): Dude trust me
:weed: :weed: :weed:

#cheguevara2020

Das Troll
Registered
Posts: 974
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:10 am

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by Das Troll » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:34 pm

fuckreddit wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:07 am
Das Troll wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:04 pm
fuckreddit wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:11 pm


Question - how am I to cut copper tubing? I have a few saws but am only used to my coping saw. However, I don't think it will cut it well and I only have 1 spare blade left.
Hacksaw

User avatar
fuckreddit
Registered
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:13 pm

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by fuckreddit » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:42 pm

Das Troll wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:34 pm
fuckreddit wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:07 am
Das Troll wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:04 pm
fuckreddit wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:11 pm


Question - how am I to cut copper tubing? I have a few saws but am only used to my coping saw. However, I don't think it will cut it well and I only have 1 spare blade left.
Hacksaw
thanks! didnt think of that. will update on the weekend.
Pyrocynical groomed me, source(s): Dude trust me
:weed: :weed: :weed:

#cheguevara2020

Das Troll
Registered
Posts: 974
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:10 am

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by Das Troll » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:03 pm

Watch for burs around the cut end of the pipe. you can take them off with some rough stone or an angle grinder

User avatar
fuckreddit
Registered
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:13 pm

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by fuckreddit » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:35 pm

okay.
Pyrocynical groomed me, source(s): Dude trust me
:weed: :weed: :weed:

#cheguevara2020

User avatar
Noctoman
Registered
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:35 pm

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by Noctoman » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:12 pm

PM me for printable goods.

User avatar
fuckreddit
Registered
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:13 pm

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by fuckreddit » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:24 pm

ooh! I will.
Pyrocynical groomed me, source(s): Dude trust me
:weed: :weed: :weed:

#cheguevara2020

User avatar
fuckreddit
Registered
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:13 pm

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by fuckreddit » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:52 am

Tonight is the night! I don't have any springs though :mad: :mad: :mad:

Got the copper pipe.

https://i.postimg.cc/1RJtxsyK/tonight.png

basic plan - will decide about handle on weekend.

Once it can hurt someone, I'll bring it when I go tagging - will tag once or twice on a dumpster or something.
Pyrocynical groomed me, source(s): Dude trust me
:weed: :weed: :weed:

#cheguevara2020

User avatar
fuckreddit
Registered
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:13 pm

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by fuckreddit » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:41 pm

https://last-day-on-earth-survival.fand ... ki/Zip_Gun

changed my mind - AGAIN!

Will look like this but the mechanism - https://i.postimg.cc/k4JQf66W/25zipgun.jpg
Pyrocynical groomed me, source(s): Dude trust me
:weed: :weed: :weed:

#cheguevara2020

Das Troll
Registered
Posts: 974
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:10 am

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by Das Troll » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:36 pm

fuckreddit wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:41 pm
https://last-day-on-earth-survival.fand ... ki/Zip_Gun

changed my mind - AGAIN!

Will look like this but the mechanism - https://i.postimg.cc/k4JQf66W/25zipgun.jpg
Might look into screw clamps for that barrel.
screw clamp.jpg
screw clamp.jpg (16.04 KiB) Viewed 270 times
Be careful with this. There's a chance that the barrel will explode if there's a jam. If you're going to test it, test it safely with some sort of string set up where you're behind a big dirt mound.

User avatar
fuckreddit
Registered
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:13 pm

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by fuckreddit » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:07 pm

just BBs, so its legal

it will be a HUGE pain in the ass, because i need a lot more pressure. bullets explode on their own, so they are easier to fire but more dangerous.

I do have those clamps currently, and will make sure to use them.
Pyrocynical groomed me, source(s): Dude trust me
:weed: :weed: :weed:

#cheguevara2020

User avatar
Noctoman
Registered
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:35 pm

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by Noctoman » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:25 pm

if you want a REAL weapon that is easy to make, takes 0 experience 0 knowledge and can be built in europe, look for FGC-9(fuck gun control 9). IT's a project made by some guys who think everyone has the right to own a weapon, regardless of state. Literally, it guides you from the printing process to what to buy from Aliexpress. Also teaches you how to make the bullets. All you need is some money, some basic tools and a cheap 3d printer. Also, the gun is reliable, doesen't blow up in your hand and is accurate.

Das Troll
Registered
Posts: 974
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:10 am

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by Das Troll » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:04 am

Noctoman wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:25 pm
if you want a REAL weapon that is easy to make, takes 0 experience 0 knowledge and can be built in europe, look for FGC-9(fuck gun control 9). IT's a project made by some guys who think everyone has the right to own a weapon, regardless of state. Literally, it guides you from the printing process to what to buy from Aliexpress. Also teaches you how to make the bullets. All you need is some money, some basic tools and a cheap 3d printer. Also, the gun is reliable, doesen't blow up in your hand and is accurate.
I bet they print with resin, I HATE printing with resin.

User avatar
Noctoman
Registered
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:35 pm

Re: p45 liberator type twig launcher

Post by Noctoman » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:49 pm

Document yourself first and you will see.

Post Reply