Trump calls for 2020 election delay

Current events discussion and links to stuff that's happening right now. Who needs CNN when you have totse?
Post Reply
Kheron
Registered
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:38 pm

Trump calls for 2020 election delay

Post by Kheron » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:37 pm

Not only can he NOT do that (the States decide how elections are done, and the House has some kind of influence as well iirc but most definitely NOT the White House or Senate), the constitution is quite clear that he is no longer president at the end of his term and NOT at the time of the next presidential election.

So, his attempted coup (that we all saw coming years ago) is likely going to fail. From what I'm reading, with Pelosi's term ending as well, if Trump SOMEHOW (again, he legally can't) delays the election, the presidency shifts to Senate President Pro Tempore which has historically been the longest serving majority member. The Republicans have more seats up for reelection so could more easily lose their majority. Which means...

When all is said and done the President would be Patrick Leahy of Vermont, though technically the Democrats could appoint any sitting senator they want to.

Either way, when Trump doesn't automatically retain his presidency he's going to cry foul and claim there was a Democratic coup even though that's just...how the constitution works. Then we'll have Civil War 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Das Troll
Registered
Posts: 647
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:10 am

Re: Trump calls for 2020 election delay

Post by Das Troll » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:17 pm

Trump was just shooting off at the mouth like usual, no one really believes that he will try that. What we will see however is if it's a close election on either side, both will cry foul. It will take weeks to figure out who actually won because we will likely see things like boxes of mail in ballots being "found" days if not weeks later. This has already been a big problem in certain areas. Philly had a problem with a judge taking bribes and postal workers are likely to "misplace" boxes of ballots to whomever they want.

In my opinion mail in ballots are a bad bad idea. If we can go to the store and get food, we can go to the ballot box masked up to vote.

Kheron
Registered
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:38 pm

Re: Trump calls for 2020 election delay

Post by Kheron » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:36 pm

I think it's dangerous to assume he's just joking or saying random shit. Dude may be spouting some dimentia nonsense but he's a wannabe dictator that sucks the balls of North Korea, Russia, and China's leaders and wants to be a cool kid like them.

Dude is unfit for office.

Das Troll
Registered
Posts: 647
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:10 am

Re: Trump calls for 2020 election delay

Post by Das Troll » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:52 pm

Kheron wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:36 pm
I think it's dangerous to assume he's just joking or saying random shit. Dude may be spouting some dimentia nonsense but he's a wannabe dictator that sucks the balls of North Korea, Russia, and China's leaders and wants to be a cool kid like them.

Dude is unfit for office.
Not a lot of fit people for office to be honest, both morally and physically. We have ghouls like Ruth Bader Ginsberg that are only there so Trump can't put another justice in, Biden who is clearly mentally unfit, and a reality TV show host as president. If Trump has done one thing really well its to show how insane people will get when they don't get their way.

Doylegp
Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:55 pm

Re: Trump calls for 2020 election delay

Post by Doylegp » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:06 am

I think he's joking, he likes to ruffle there feathers, they keep giving him such a hard time about other b******* so he's probably doing this just to f*** with them. Rightly so...

AngryIVer
Registered
Posts: 788
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 12:19 am
Location: Россия
Contact:

Re: Trump calls for 2020 election delay

Post by AngryIVer » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:39 am

Doylegp wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:06 am
I think he's joking, he likes to ruffle there feathers, they keep giving him such a hard time about other b******* so he's probably doing this just to f*** with them. Rightly so...
This. Look how much of a reaction he got. Even people HERE are talking about it!
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet

Kheron
Registered
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:38 pm

Re: Trump calls for 2020 election delay

Post by Kheron » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:24 am

Idk if I want a president that trolls ppl... Even if he isn't a fascist, even if he doesn't have dementia, even if he isn't in league with Putin, the shit he does and says makes him pretty unfit as a president. I mean, what happened to our standards? We impeached Clinton for lying about a blowjob, saying the fact he lied made him unfit. Trump has had thousands of lies recorded. He's said one thing then lied seconds later on TV.

Plus I'm pretty sure that he'll expand our concentration camps from just brown ppl to LGBT people and at that point it's my head on the block.

Biden sucks dick tho. Our elections are such a joke.

Das Troll
Registered
Posts: 647
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:10 am

Re: Trump calls for 2020 election delay

Post by Das Troll » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:48 am

Kheron wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:24 am
Idk if I want a president that trolls ppl...
That is the failing of our leaders, not the trolling, the lack of insight into the trolling. Trump knows he can just say one little thing, and suddenly the entire news cycle is about that one thing. Remember when they did like a weeks worth of news because he likes two scoops of ice cream? Or how about the time when he hosted a (football?) team dinner at the white house and said the burgers probably stacked up to a mile high and literally got fact checked for it. Meanwhile hes slipping things through under the radar that would need scrutiny. He knows all he has to do is say something even mildly stupid and everyone shifts to it because they hate him so SO much.

The left is literally trying everything to get him out of office. If they had just chilled the fuck out and played normal politics, elected someone who isn't a zombie, and went about their normal day Trump would be fucked in November. Trumps economy, black and hispanic unemployment, ect have all been shit on by the pandemic, yet he's still in the race because of all the utterly insane shit that the Democrats have done and not gotten away with. All he has to do is shift into victim status.

People assume Trump is stupid, and book wise maybe he is. But he does have a low cunning and nearly psychological mastery of media and branding that allows him to get away with the stuff he does. Trump never won the election, Hillary just lost it because she's so awful and if Biden doesn't do something it will be his to lose as well.

AngryIVer
Registered
Posts: 788
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 12:19 am
Location: Россия
Contact:

Re: Trump calls for 2020 election delay

Post by AngryIVer » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:23 pm

^ Boom. Right there. Trump isn't dumb, he's a business man, and this is his vacation.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet

Kheron
Registered
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:38 pm

Re: Trump calls for 2020 election delay

Post by Kheron » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:30 pm

Idk dude, have you heard the things that come out of his mouth? He's definitely an idiot, even if he's still cognizant and clever enough to manipulate the media and capture the narrative.

If his regime actually does end up killing democracy and putting me in camps it's gonna be REAL embarrassing being killed by the stupidest nazi around. Like, why can't we have the cool, smart ones? We've straight up had elected officials declare that they won't do their job and that the impeachment for instance was going to be an unfair sham trial. And they're somehow getting away with it.

I legitimately fear for this nation not because of the shit the Republicans in office are doing but because the Democrats just fucking sit there and watch it happen and do NOTHING. Idk how anyone in their right mind could ever fucking vote Democrat after 2016 & 2020. It's downright shameful.

AngryIVer
Registered
Posts: 788
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 12:19 am
Location: Россия
Contact:

Re: Trump calls for 2020 election delay

Post by AngryIVer » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:40 pm

It has nothing to do with "manipulating the media". Put his presidency aside. He's a multi-millionaire. A very successful business man. A very successful real estate mogul. An ex actor. You don't get rich by being an idiot.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet

Kheron
Registered
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:38 pm

Re: Trump calls for 2020 election delay

Post by Kheron » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:59 pm

Nah, you just get rich by inheriting money from daddy, taking a small loan of $1,000,000 from daddy, and going bankrupt like 4 times.

Oh, and running money laundering businesses for the mob & russia in the 80s/90s. That also helps.

I'd trust a child whose sole experience is running a lemonade stand to be a better businessman. For many years Trump was literally one of the biggest losers (monetarily) in America for, like...a decade. Dude doesn't know how to run a business, and he's running America like one of his businesses. Which explains... a lot, actually.

I also want to reiterate that I don't just hate Trump, before anyone thinks I'm simply biased.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politi ... story.html

AngryIVer
Registered
Posts: 788
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 12:19 am
Location: Россия
Contact:

Re: Trump calls for 2020 election delay

Post by AngryIVer » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:13 pm

So he's somehow GENERATING INCOME off of a loan, and is an idiot but laundering money. Gotcha.


And somehow he lost this money while "laundering money for the mob"? Yeah, that happened. He lost over a billion dollars worth of mob money and is still alive to not talk about it.


Nah, you just hate Trump. The flaw in your argument is in your own post. In one post he's an idiot, in the next he's a criminal mastermind, then midway through that post he's an idiot again.


ALL the Trump children got a $1,000,000 trust fund. He barely got $300k from that. His SIBLINGS gave him a $30,000,000 loan as well.

If he's so dumb, why is his net worth $3.5 mil? Don't say loans, because those don't generate income, they add debt.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet

AngryIVer
Registered
Posts: 788
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 12:19 am
Location: Россия
Contact:

Re: Trump calls for 2020 election delay

Post by AngryIVer » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:15 pm

Oh, I'd like to point out, out of the 5 Trump children Donald and his oldest sister are the ONLY ones who made a public name for themselves. Obviously he isn't dumb, and obviously the family was into politics, as his sister was appointed United State Circuit Judge by Bill Clinton.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet

Kheron
Registered
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:38 pm

Re: Trump calls for 2020 election delay

Post by Kheron » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:29 pm

There's a big difference between Trump now and Trump 40 years ago. I don't know how acknowledging what he did 40 years ago before he had fucking dementia even matters lol. To even try to use that as some logical fallacy is just pointless. If anyone has a bias i' d say it's you.

AngryIVer
Registered
Posts: 788
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 12:19 am
Location: Россия
Contact:

Re: Trump calls for 2020 election delay

Post by AngryIVer » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:48 am

Kheron wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:29 pm
There's a big difference between Trump now and Trump 40 years ago. I don't know how acknowledging what he did 40 years ago before he had fucking dementia even matters lol. To even try to use that as some logical fallacy is just pointless. If anyone has a bias i' d say it's you.
Then why bring it up? YOU are the one who brought up his "money laundering in the 80's", the trust fund he got, et cetera. YOU. Now it's me pointlessly bringing it up because it doesn't support YOUR argument? Nah, it's definitely you.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet

Kheron
Registered
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:38 pm

Re: Trump calls for 2020 election delay

Post by Kheron » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:41 am

Lol someone doesn't like their cheeto Mussolini being offended

AngryIVer
Registered
Posts: 788
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 12:19 am
Location: Россия
Contact:

Re: Trump calls for 2020 election delay

Post by AngryIVer » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:14 pm

So you're not going to elaborate on how you bringing it up is a valid point, but me bringing it up isn't?

Yeah. Typical anti-Trumper. No actual argument so they resort to petty name calling. I think we're done here.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet

Kheron
Registered
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:38 pm

Re: Trump calls for 2020 election delay

Post by Kheron » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:58 pm

AngryIVer wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:14 pm
I think we're done here.
And I think you've joined a political cult. Wonder what flavor the kool-aid is gonna be

AngryIVer
Registered
Posts: 788
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 12:19 am
Location: Россия
Contact:

Re: Trump calls for 2020 election delay

Post by AngryIVer » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:00 pm

Yep, continue to not back-up your stance in any way. I'm leaving this thread now.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet

Post Reply