George Floyd body cam footage

Current events discussion and links to stuff that's happening right now. Who needs CNN when you have totse?
Das Troll
Registered

George Floyd body cam footage

Post by Das Troll » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:50 am

So this finally got put out or "leaked" along with a toxicology report. To be objective as possible the entire video is pretty mundane from a police stand point. Not much seemed to happen until they started to try and get him to get out of the car. About that point is when the freak out happened. Lots of screaming, crying, and resisting. My opinion, this will likely get bumped down from murder to involuntary manslaughter or even less than that.

The toxicology report shows a pretty massive amount of fentanyl and norfentanyl. Other drugs include meth, caffeine, and nicotine. The question now is will the justice system throw him to the wolves or acquit him? Since the prosecution was trying to go for the highest possible offense (second degree murder) this will almost certainly not stick. So they have to choose to give in to the mob or let him go and deal with the mob. Nothing short of second degree will even remotely placate the rioters.

My guess is we are going to see more riots over this no matter what.

Kheron
Registered

Re: George Floyd body cam footage

Post by Kheron » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:17 pm

Are we talking about the toxicology report that was put out within 24hrs of his death when toxicology takes weeks, or was there a REAL toxicology report done later on/by an independent party?

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:22 pm

Kheron wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:17 pm
Are we talking about the toxicology report that was put out within 24hrs of his death when toxicology takes weeks, or was there a REAL toxicology report done later on/by an independent party?
Far as I know it was the real one but I can't be 100% sure.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:06 pm

About a minute in so far: How many fucking times does he have to get told to get out of the damn car? Jesus Christ.

Six minutes in: How many fucking times do they have to tell him to get in the damn car?

Overall: VERY clearly resisting arrest. VERY. Not saying he deserved to die, but it's not as simple as being a crooked cop.

As for the toxicology report: Yes, it takes weeks to get the FINAL LEVELS. That doesn't negate anything found in urine/blood before that per-say.
:weed: [IP: logged]