Trump Axios interview

National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought.
Kheron
Registered

Trump Axios interview

Post by Kheron » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:00 pm

Getting Trump to stay on task & coherently answer a question is like trying to herd kittens. How can anyone listen to his word vomit and think "stable genius, deserves to be in the highest office in the world." Lmao, cults are wild.

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Trump Axios interview

Post by Enigma » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:46 pm

LMAO at thinking POTUS is the highest office in the world.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:47 pm

It arguably is tho? As shit of a country as we've become we're one of the strongest economically and militaristically, and people from all over look to us as the gold standard for how to operate (because they're stupid). We're probably the most single influential country in the world. China would fuck us if they cared more about non-china things but they're still largely isolationist.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:17 pm

It's not even the highest office in America.....

We have a GDP of $21 trillion and a national debt of $26 trillion, so nobody thinks we're a rich country.

The only reason our military is so big is because we can't stop pissing off other countries, and our "standard" comical, so nobody is jelly about that.

We're the biggest laughing stock in the world by far.

The only people who think America is anything but a 200 years too old joke are people living in America. Canada is the better country by far.

I haven't had THC in over a day so none of that might make sense.

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:39 pm

Oh, it makes sense, and I largely agree with you. But national debt aside (virtually every country has some level of national debt, tho we do need to lower it) we still are one of the 3 largest economic blocks. I think China and the EU might be beating us out currently but we've had a stronger economy at times.

Hard agree on the military. Tho we also help police/protect the EU, although that's been going down since Trump. I think Germany is starting to become the EU's military force to deter Russia lately? Lmao, watch the Germans start a 3rd world war

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:45 pm

I can't disagree that we hold THE largest economic block. That is fact.

See, the thing is, why are we policing/protecting EU when we have so much going on HERE? Why are we rebuilding Iraq/Afganastan when they A) Don't want us there and B) Have places like Detroit that look WORSE than either of the "war zones"

I just in general don't like America I guess.

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:52 pm

I feel the same. We should gtfo of other countries. Like, not be completely isolationist, we can help allies and shit, but we certainly don't need to be EVERYWHERE doing EVERYTHING. Let the EU worry about the EU's safety, and we'll worry about ourselves and anyone we have treaties with... we could spend all that military money on fixing places like Detroit, or whatever.

I think Northern Europe in general seems to have the right idea of things. High taxes, sure, but their citizens are remarkably happy. Denmark is routinely rated one of the happiest countries in the world. Norway had an Alaska kinda thing going on with giving oil money to citizens just for living there, and they ended up diversifying their portfolio with some of that money so with gas prices down during Covid their citizens are still enjoying their money...

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:05 pm

Denmark is, like, the absolute best country. Driving distance from Amsterdam (or a 1 hour ~$200 flight), even closer to both Berlin AND Wolfsburg Germany (where my Passat was born), highways leading to Norway and Sweden, where some of the most beautiful women on God's green Earth reside. France AND Italy are both only ~$200 flights.

Like, that's just the TOURISM portion of it. That's not even touching on the legal and abundant drugs.

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:09 pm

Moving to Denmark would be fucking lit. I'd like to travel around and find which country I like best and settle. Gonna need to get a good training/degree to be accepted as an immigrant tho.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:55 pm

I'd just try real hard not to get deported 🤷‍♀️