Seamfoam = Good

Greasy mechanical things. Fixing your car, swapping out engines, buying tools, and getting maximum horsepower.
Enigma
Site Admin

Seamfoam = Good

Post by Enigma » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:00 pm

Gave it a shot in my Passat and was able to do a burnout with it for the first time ever.
:weed: [IP: logged]

DBDK
Registered

Re: Seamfoam = Good

Post by DBDK » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:10 am

Seafoam is really good. The spray as well as the oil+fuel additive.

Another thing I did to my truck is put 5 tanks of ethanol free premium in a row through it, each with a different brand of fuel system cleaner. Made my fuel pump sensor start working properly again and saved me an $800 repair lol. I did three oil changes in this time period, also with three different oil additives, altogether this seems to have stopped all of my ugly cylinder head noises and made the engine sound really nice, if you step on the gas enough for it to drown out the hissing from the broken radiator and vacuum hoses.

I did not have to use any oil stabilizer to get it to quiet down and I'm still running the lightest weight recommended by the manual, just using detergent additives like Kleen-Flo, Seafoam and Motormedic.

My approach is based on the one that I developed from decades of experience cleaning bongs. Other people buy bottle brushes and hose attachments and crap to get their bongs clean like new. I have found that I can get 100% of the shit off with just a cork and 3+ different types of solvent. Orange oil, isopropyl, acetone, maybe some turpentine or vegetable oil if that is not enough. Anyway, I am lazy and just don't want to do anything except dump cleaner into my bong and let it sit, so I cork the downstem hole and pour industrial degreasers and solvents in, but not mixed, I do it one at a time, one Zep soak, one iso soak, one acetone soak is usually enough to get a bong 100% clean again. It also helps to cycle, if the first round doesn't do it, just go through the chemicals again and you will get more, something about one solvent after another after another makes it work, like the cleaning power of different chemicals and mixes is additive.

Anyway, it is silly to say that there is only one cleaner that works. If I find another throttle spray cleaner like Seafoam I will buy it and use it that day, then use a can of Seafoam again the day after lol.

DBDK
Registered

Post by DBDK » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:16 am

*I changed the spark plugs from the 180k mile factory platinums, to new iridium ones before I started putting the premium through it.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:42 am

Another good one for getting piston clatter to go away is put a pint or two of tranny fluid in ~100 miles before you change the oil. It strips all the old gunk off, but it does so quickly which is why you wanna change the oil right away.

DBDK
Registered

Post by DBDK » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:34 am

Helladamnleet wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:42 am
Another good one for getting piston clatter to go away is put a pint or two of tranny fluid in ~100 miles before you change the oil. It strips all the old gunk off, but it does so quickly which is why you wanna change the oil right away.
If you are gonna do that, you might as well pull your spark plugs out and just dump it into the chambers.

To empty it out, you just crank with no plugs in and then it all comes gushing out like a horror movie lol.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:50 pm

DBDK wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:34 am
Helladamnleet wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:42 am
If you are gonna do that, you might as well pull your spark plugs out and just dump it into the chambers.

To empty it out, you just crank with no plugs in and then it all comes gushing out like a horror movie lol.
You COULD do that, or let your motor get warm and let hot water get sucked slowly into your intake (key word is SLOWLY. VERY slowly) or even Seafoam and basically steam clean your cylinders.

DBDK
Registered

Post by DBDK » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:45 pm

I don't think steam would do anything to engine gunk.

I'd like to see the Neutral Drop guys throw some orange Zep into a crank case though...

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:14 pm

Yeah, you wouldn't think so 🤷‍♀️