Just got a cabinet stereo

All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music.
Enigma
Site Admin

Just got a cabinet stereo

Post by Enigma » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:52 pm

Near complete Fischer cabinet in pretty mint condition. Ordering a new stylus for the record player because I think I fucked up the current one somehow, and it doesn't have the OEM cassette deck and they are evidently expensive as fuck, so it will be a while before I get to that, but I'm hoping to pick up some more records, and maybe do some threads about the records I have and get. Might do a video on the stereo at some point when I have the time and have the record player working correctly. People dig that retro shit.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Re: Just got a cabinet stereo

Post by Das Troll » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:37 am

Helladamnleet wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:52 pm
Near complete Fischer cabinet in pretty mint condition. Ordering a new stylus for the record player because I think I fucked up the current one somehow, and it doesn't have the OEM cassette deck and they are evidently expensive as fuck, so it will be a while before I get to that, but I'm hoping to pick up some more records, and maybe do some threads about the records I have and get. Might do a video on the stereo at some point when I have the time and have the record player working correctly. People dig that retro shit.
I hated my stereo cabinet when I had one as a kid. I like retro stuff but there's some retro shit that I just don't get.

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Just got a cabinet stereo

Post by Enigma » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:29 am

I have the same cabinet as in this picture. I can see where they wouldn't be for everyone, but for now I'm looking forward to having a little nicer space to store my records for now. I was really hoping my main stereo would be old enough to have phono jacks, but it doesn't so I'm stuck with the whole Fischer package, but the speakers are actually really good quality so maybe it won't be terrible.
:weed: [IP: logged]