Fresh Start

Windows OS tricks, tips, and annoyances. The latest security holes and how to patch them. Server setup, tuning, and hardening.
AngryIVer
Registered

Fresh Start

Post by AngryIVer » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:22 am

"Fresh Start lets you perform a clean reinstallation and update of Windows while keeping your personal data and most Windows settings intact. In some cases, a clean installation may improve your device's startup and shutdown experience, memory usage, Microsoft Store apps performance, browsing experience, and battery life. "

Nice, so Windows just knows it's shit now and lets you reset without starting from zero now.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet

Kheron
Registered

Re: Fresh Start

Post by Kheron » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:40 am

I keep wanting to try Linux & just dual boot/use WINE or whatever so I can game still. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and do it. Windows is fucking trash.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:54 pm

Kheron wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:40 am
I keep wanting to try Linux & just dual boot/use WINE or whatever so I can game still. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and do it. Windows is fucking trash.
Blue screening was a big problem back in the old days, now windows isn't so bad. Yeah it's filled with bloatware and spyware but at least its a lot more stable than it used to be. I would suggest getting a pi if you haven't used linux much so you can test it out to see if you like it. I personally am 50/50 on linux in general.

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:27 pm

I ended up just going back to Windows because compatibility on AAA titles is garbage.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet