More Planned Down Time

News about what's happening on this web site and BBS. Please keep posts on topic.
Enigma
Site Admin

thumbs up More Planned Down Time

Post by Enigma » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:19 pm

I placed the order for newer hardware and it is supposed to be here Wednesday. I will be off work around 5pm, will likely take the server offline shortly after arriving home, and should be able to get everything swapped in less than 20 minutes. Only thing up in the air is whether or not Linux will decide to play nicely with the new mobo.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: More Planned Down Time

Post by Enigma » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:56 am

Just a reminder that in roughly 12 hours the site will be down for anywhere from 1 to 24 hours.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:59 am

I'll use that time to write some stuff up. I want to do an article and a new post about anti personnel traps.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:17 am

So here's what happened: Fucking UPS decided not to deliver the parts. I already called them and broke it down for them how I already did the signature release and therefor have waived all rights to hold them responsible for the package once it has been delivered. They then had the gall to tell me I never gave them delivery instructions, to which I responded "I don't work for UPS, it's not my job to tell your driver how to deliver a package".

Long story short, SUPPOSEDLY it will be released to me today, but I'm not holding my breath.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:01 am

I used to have a UPS deliverer who would bash his fist on my door once and then throw the package on the porch. I never did catch him even when I was waiting for the "knock". I took off like a bat out of hell only to get to the door literally 3 to 5 seconds later to see him drive off. Fucking delivery people.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:51 pm

Well, in any case, they came through this time so there's now something better than core 2 quad under the hood.