Auto-Lock enabled

News about what's happening on this web site and BBS. Please keep posts on topic.
Enigma
Site Admin

Auto-Lock enabled

Post by Enigma » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:23 am

Any topic with a most recent response older than 90 days will now automatically lock. I only enabled this in two sections so far, as the option to do so is semi-convoluted when there's as many sections with varying rule sets as &NT has.
:weed: [IP: logged]

AngryIVer
Registered

Re: Auto-Lock enabled

Post by AngryIVer » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:27 am

In true Totse fashion. I believe Totse hid threads after 45 days.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:06 pm

What is the purpose of this? I'm not being mean or anything I'm just confused why one wouldn't either move this to a "Garbage" forum where you can read but not apply, or have it not just erase all together. The moving to a trash forum I after a certain amount of bumps down a page is what I think old totse did.

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:46 pm

The purpose is to keep the topics in the correct section because "garbage" isn't a category, and even garbage threads can be cycled into the correct section. The idea behind locking it is so threads aren't being necrobumped.

Old Totse just hid them after 45 days of inactivity, and the garbage section wasn't added until very late in the forum life span (if it all, that could have been a Zoklet exclusive)

Just like Jeff, I'm 100% against the removal of posts that aren't hurting the site in some way.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet