Fixed Registration?

News about what's happening on this web site and BBS. Please keep posts on topic.
AngryIVer
Registered

confused Fixed Registration?

Post by AngryIVer » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:21 am

For some reason COPPA was breaking registration, so I just disabled it. Honestly, if you under 13 and posting here you have shitty parents and it's not my fault if you hurt yourself 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet

Das Troll
Registered

Re: Fixed Registration?

Post by Das Troll » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:17 am

I always thought of it as just covering your own ass. You know some idiot child is gonna do something stupid and their parents are gonna say HOW COULD HE KNOW THAT STICKING A FORK IN A LIGHT SOCKET WOULD BE BAD?!?

That's basically how salvia became illegal. People passed blame.

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:23 pm

When I was under 13 I always just clicked that I was 13 anyway. Pretty sure I was like 12 when I first joined Totse.

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:43 pm

"Oh damn, I can't use this site if I'm under 13? Ah, but I can just click that I am, master hacker that I am!"

^ Most 12yo kids lmao

murderman143
Registered

Post by murderman143 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:03 am

Kheron wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:43 pm
"Oh damn, I can't use this site if I'm under 13? Ah, but I can just click that I am, master hacker that I am!"

^ Most 12yo kids lmao
nah thats some dumb millennial shit ROFL

i was far to buzy at 14 stealing data and enough annoy malware to piss people off ,telll i die.

16 year old me ,omfg i just downloaded the whole schools year book photos << make youtube video calling them all prego niggers and jews in 144p god you tube use to be so great

murderman143
Registered

Post by murderman143 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:06 am

Das Troll wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:17 am
I always thought of it as just covering your own ass. You know some idiot child is gonna do something stupid and their parents are gonna say HOW COULD HE KNOW THAT STICKING A FORK IN A LIGHT SOCKET WOULD BE BAD?!?

That's basically how salvia became illegal. People passed blame.
How to make crystals

Okay, so this is easy, you should have all of the chemicals needed around the house!

Age requirement 13.

Youll need around 5-8 pennies (or copper coin from your country), and a straw, put these aside.

Get a clear jar, scoop 2 tablespoons of salt into it, and 1 tablespoon of baking soda.

Now the first important ingredient should be in the bathroom cleaning supplies: Ammonia (any brand). Pour it in until the jar is 2/3 of the way full (as tall as you want the crystals to grow)

The last ingredient is laundry bleach (careful not to spill on your clothes!), fill the rest of the jar..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................found on og totse 2005ish

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:27 am

Kheron wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:43 pm

^ Most 12yo kids lmao
The best part is it doesn't prevent them from joining, just lumps them into a group so the peados can find them easier

murderman143
Registered

Post by murderman143 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:59 am

LMAO

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:08 am

Jesus though, remember BEFORE COPPA?

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:26 pm

COPPA has ruined so much. If something isn't 100% kid friendly now it can be taken tf down. Ridiculous.

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:47 pm

HAS it though? I mean, it's been around since 1998 and was put in place for some very good reasons.

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:14 pm

It's made Youtube's issues worse than they were already. Or maybe I am mixing it up with something else. Within the last year or so there was talk of new child protection laws with some wonky wording like anything animated at all is a cartoon and cartoons must be child appropriate because they are for children. So adult animations would get the axe. Anything that would fit on Adult Swim, or animated history depicting war and such, or new animated series like Hazbin Hotel, all would be illegal and can be taken down pretty easily.

I'm against any law that is too vague in its wording or purpose just because it'll get abused.

In general tho we do need laws to protect the little retards.

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:32 pm

Ah, yes, I know what you're talking about now. SOME YouTube content creators like it though because now we can just flag our channel as 18+ and lose out on that demographic, but get ads based on adults and thus lose monitization less frequently. Like, a lot of my videos actually do qualify for monitizaton.

I think quite a few content creators were on board with that change for that same reason. They can now define their content as "not for children" and basically no longer be held liable if a child views it.

Oh, and as a parent and a child who didn't have boundaries when it came to media, yeah, I kind of think there should be a hard line between content made for children and content not intended for children.