Gambling: Hertz stock

Finances, money, investing, saving, getting a job, anything to do with the green stuff that makes the world go around.
Enigma
Site Admin

Gambling: Hertz stock

Post by Enigma » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:44 pm

So Hertz is tanking, but hear me out: At $1.55/share I was able to pick up 10 shares for peanuts. If I now just keep a close eye on it, I can hit it when it does the dead-cat-bounce and make at least 2x my investment, with up to 10x my initial investment. Worst case scenario is I'm out $15, best case is I'm up $135.

Either way in about a month I'm cleaning house and cutting the 10 different companies I have stock in down to a basic 3.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Re: Gambling: Hertz stock

Post by Das Troll » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:09 pm

Hertz will probably rebound when travel becomes more normalized again. Good luck.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:58 am

They recently filed bankruptcy so it will go one of two ways: I'm either going to lose my ass, or someone will swoop in and fix it. I'd be a liiiiitle surprised to see them go, since they are second only to Enterprise.

In any case, a year ago Hertz stock was $11, so if it rebounds AT ALL I'll double my money and then some.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:24 am

Oh, shit, by the way the stock randomly shot up 115% one day so I ended up more than doubling my investment.