Might have to give up THC

Self improvement through diet, physical and mental exercise, body-building, surgery, chemical introduction, life extension, tattooing, piercing, scarification and smart drugs. Medicine, and other body related topics also belong here.
Enigma
Site Admin

Might have to give up THC

Post by Enigma » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:45 pm

I don't exactly think it's ruining my life, because in all reality it's not, but it's not really helping the situation either. Like, I just want to be able to pass a drug test so I can at least dream about getting a new job, maybe even actually doing it.

I kind of want to go back to school too though, but shit, I don't even know what I want to do.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Re: Might have to give up THC

Post by Das Troll » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:21 pm

I just went and signed up. I thought there was an acceptance thing because I'm not the smartest person in the world and it was a good state school. Turns out they don't give much of a shit and they just want your money. As for jobs, yeah they seem to be drug testing more and more. I personally never got into weed.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:16 am

Oh, yeah, for school they don't care, but 3M cares a lot if you smoke weed.

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:48 pm

Fuck it, go to school (you make like 1M more in your life on avg, college degrees matter way too much) and vote for ppl that promise to legalize weed.

Have your cake and smoke it, too

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:40 pm

Yeah if I'd gone 12 years ago fresh out of highschool. Even just my simple IRA I've fucked myself out of $1.1m by not starting it soon enough.

Fuck voting too. What's the point when they literally rig the election either way.

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:16 am

Because voting, in enough numbers, can still make a difference. Or in extreme cases, one vote meant Texas becoming a state iirc.

Plus it makes it harder to rig elections. A lot of it is done thru suppressing votes more than anything else here in America. Both Democrats and Republicans limit access to young, POC/LGBT neighborhoods because they tend to be more left than either party is.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:11 am

But it's already been proven time and time again that what we as the people vote for doesn't matter because the electoral college will just swoop in and negate the vote.

I'm not saying I haven't voted every election sine I turned 18, it just feels very pointless. The only reason I do is so when the president fucks up and I can say "Welp, I didn't vote for him 🤷‍♀️"

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:02 am

I mean, ye. Take the DNC primaries for example - a super delegate is worth like 10k regular voters.

But if we don't vote, we give these people a free pass to do whatever they want. Like Biden - he has done nothing on Line 3, which Trump signed off on, despite the new section being illegal and going over Native land. It breaks fucking treaties, and Mr. Climate President won't do shit about it. Easiest win ever for him if he cared.

It's called the Ratchet Effect. Fascist does a bad, the party of "let's fix things (back to the status quo that gave us this) does fucking nothing. We as a country move slowly to the Right, losing freedoms, until we are where we are today. With center-right dumbasses like Biden being the "progressive" when they do dirty shit like rig their own primary elections and bury the true left candidates like Bernie.

Voting may do very little but we can't fix our country without voting.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:07 am

You said it yourself: The primary was rigged anyway so the voting didn't really matter at the end of the day.

Again, I'm not saying don't vote, because we should, and the points you are making are very good, I'm just saying they cheat anyway.

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:20 pm

But they rigged it basically just thru where they allowed polling places & using the media to manipulate ppl. Even with it all, Bernie was in 1st place until the hundred different neolib dems all dropped out at once and coalesced behind Biden - while Warren, the so-called progressive, did not drop out and endorse Bernie. She stayed in just long enough to siphon votes from Bernie then endorsed Biden.

Conservative republicans play the same game as conservative democrats, siphoning votes with throwaway parties like Minnesota 2 separate Legalize Marijuana parties.

It does often feel hopeless, tho I think that hopelessness is part of how they oppress us. Make us feel like it's futile to resist. I'd rather make them realize it's futile for them to resist the will of the people.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:48 am

It's not that it's futile to resist, it's that we're putting our trust in a broken system and allowing ourselves to get fucked.

The BIGGEST red flag should have been when Trump had to file lawsuits to get the recount he was entitled to. It doesn't matter how confident you are that the votes were counted correctly, the fact remains Trump was the only president in US history to be denied a recount. If they were soooooo sure Biden won, why would it matter? Now it went so long in between the election and the recount that some states (illegally) already threw out all their ballots like wtf lol.

Just to put it into perspective: Bush JR actually did cheat, demanded a recount which we got BEFORE THEY WERE EVEN DONE DOING THE FIRST COUNT, and won because they "found" a bunch of votes in the state his brother was governor of. Nobody has batted an eye since.