Downloading Rosetta Stone (again)

Self improvement through diet, physical and mental exercise, body-building, surgery, chemical introduction, life extension, tattooing, piercing, scarification and smart drugs. Medicine, and other body related topics also belong here.
AngryIVer
Registered

idea Downloading Rosetta Stone (again)

Post by AngryIVer » Sat May 02, 2020 5:33 am

Around 10 years ago I pirated Rosetta stone and was doing really good with it for a while, and was even able to start picking out French phrases on TV and such, but the laptop I had it on shat out, and I haven't really touched it since..... Until today.

It dawned upon me that the two hours of free time I have every morning before work would be MUCH better used spending 30-60 minutes a day learning a new language. Hell, if I'd done that from the start I'd know French right now.

So I started downloading the entire Rosetta stone collection, in hopes of learning a few extra languages.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet

Kheron
Registered

Re: Downloading Rosetta Stone (again)

Post by Kheron » Sat May 02, 2020 11:44 am

Have fun! I've been meaning to get back into my studies of Gaeilge for awhile now but I never make the time. I probably should start again soon.

French is on my list of languages I want to learn, too. Maybe a Native American tribe's language at some point, though after Gaeilge I'd likely want a language that isn't dead or dying so I could actually find some use out of it, so it'd be awhile before I commit to that!

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Sat May 02, 2020 12:17 pm

Be glad French is a Latin based language. I was learning Japanese a while ago and that shits hard.

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Sat May 02, 2020 8:20 pm

I've heard moonspeak isn't as bad depending on your motivation.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet