What comes after Trump?

National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought.
Das Troll
Registered

What comes after Trump?

Post by Das Troll » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:47 am

I've been thinking of what comes next after Trump, assuming the Republican party is even a thing for very much longer. The real problem with what Trump did is he showed what people want and what people will vote for. The downside to Trump was his general attitude, lack of tact, and Twitter account. What happens when the next person comes along and not only has political chops, but is well spoken and willing to throw punches like Trump did? If Trump has done one thing, it's giving the Republicans a template on how to win in the future. Will they take it? Will Trump make his own political party and come back in 2024? Who knows?

If the polisci nerds on the GOP side were smart, they would be looking into all the good things about Trump and cutting all the bad things to make a monster candidate.

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: What comes after Trump?

Post by Enigma » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:52 am

Tell you what, I'd vote for Trump in 2024 even knowing I'd be throwing the vote away on a 3rd party.
:weed: [IP: logged]

fuckreddit
Registered

Re: What comes after Trump?

Post by fuckreddit » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:41 pm

be me

authleft

you do you

alright

the end
Ту лоцуи ин црима - орас!