Us Vs Them, the power of crowds

National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought.
Das Troll
Registered

Us Vs Them, the power of crowds

Post by Das Troll » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:35 am

If the last 5 to 10 years have taught me anything, it's that politicians are stupid. They have this notion in their pin heads that they can control things like crowds. For example, you had things like Occupy Wallstreet where tons of people got out and protested what they thought was unfair. They broke a lot of laws doing this and were never brought up on charges. How could they? There were far to many of them to arrest so they just picked at the fringes. Fast forward a bit to Trump and that's where the real shit started. Colleges like Berkley saw massive riots because some flamboyant faggot named Milo Yiannopoulos (an actual faggot btw who wants people to call him a faggot) came to their campus. This same shit happened time and time again to conservative speakers around the USA.

This is where things began to really get out of control. People saw that the cops were either unwilling or unable to stop people. Fires were started, windows were broken, property was damaged. Still, this wasn't the worst of things. That was reserved for the George Floyd riots. Cities around the WORLD saw protests and riots. Hood rats burned and looted their own stores as police were told to stand down by liberal mayors and police chiefs. Meanwhile right wing protests, the thin blue line supporters, got the heavy hand and jack boot for doing very little in comparison. Things escalated.

The infamous January 6th rolls around and people break into Capital Hill. By far not as bad as the liberal main stream media lets on, but still bad. The crowds then started to realize that the police were not on their side. Thin blue line patches and flags were cast down and burned as officers were beaten and crushed in doors. This put the fear of God into the spineless politicians. The same people that order your sons and daughters off to war cowered behind chairs as some dildo in face paint stood on the house floor. This is the point they realized they fucked up. Left wing politicians spend the last 10 months denying ANTIFA existed and down right condoned the riots:
1610060004790.jpg
1610060004790.jpg (245.73 KiB) Viewed 707 times
Push forward to the last few days as a bunch of regular, internet savvy people took down a hedge fund by fucking up their short squeeze. Gamestop was supposed to go under, they bet on it with their short squeeze. Instead of the stock going down, people found out what was happening and bought the stock and it went up up up. This put the fear of God into the rich as they realized they were going to have to cover massive amounts of money when the time came. Robinhood, the everyman stock trader that most people use because of the lack of fees, decided to freeze everyones account and even sold off their stocks at a massive loss to the holders so wallstreet could catch up. Banks, hedgefunds, the rich, are terrified of what happens when a large group of people realize what power can be attained when everyone has a single purpose.

The problem with being the 1% is the fact that there are still 99% of people out there. If they're not careful, people will rise up. Because when you think about it, who's going to stop them?

fuckreddit
Registered

Re: Us Vs Them, the power of crowds

Post by fuckreddit » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:11 am

dude im communist revolutions are kind of our thing
Ту лоцуи ин црима - орас!

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:31 am

fuckreddit wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:11 am
dude im communist revolutions are kind of our thing
See I'm not a communist, but I'm also not some free market anarcho capitalist either. There have to be better regulations or this shit will degrade into actual violence.

fuckreddit
Registered

Post by fuckreddit » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:26 pm

violence? thats nice. i have a ww2 soviet helmet i have been meaning to use
Ту лоцуи ин црима - орас!

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:37 pm

Yep, I'm part of the group that is currently getting dicked by the BlackBerry hedgefund
:weed: [IP: logged]