Biden EO's on guns

National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought.
Das Troll
Registered

Biden EO's on guns

Post by Das Troll » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:33 am

So here's a few things I saw in the latest round of absolute dumb assery of the Biden administration.

First up is the classic "Gun show loop hole". This one has always annoyed me as it's not only a lie, it's semantic overload. The claim is you can go to a gun show, buy whatever you want, and not have to deal with background checks. On it's face, it's true. That's what makes it an effective lie. The gun show loophole is basically private sales from a private person to a private person. The reason why it's called a gun show loophole is the gun show is just a convenient location to make these sorts of sales. See where the lie/truth comes in? You could technically go to a gun show, buy whatever you wanted, and not have to go through a background check. You could also do those things in a McDonalds bathroom with the same legality. The gun show loophole is a red herring.

Ghost guns is another favorite of mine. This is 100% a useless scare term/tactic. These are just guns without serial numbers or guns that can't be tracked. They like to make 3d printed guns into boogie men but really, it's just a scare tactic. Think to yourself, how would you even enforce such a law? Anyone with a 3d printer could download the STL file and print out their own "gun" if you could even call it that. But then again try printing out a gun with PLS or ABS, good fucking luck.

Another is the Charleston loophole. This one is basically just an indefinite hold on gun sales that the FEDS could put on you. This may seem like nothing, but it really is a big deal. Allowing a federal organization to crush your 2nd amendment rights for whatever reason they decide to make up is a bad idea. The Charleston loophole forces them to sell you a gun in 15 days I think it is.

High compacity clips(magazines). You can always tell when a politician is full of shit because they don't know the difference between the two. The little boxy thing filled with rounds that can easily and quickly be installed into the gun, that's a magazine. A clip is something different.

There's more to this but I'm drunk and tired.

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Biden EO's on guns

Post by Enigma » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:07 pm

It's how it's always been. The fact is only criminals use guns illegally.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:01 am

Don't forget that older guns don't have serial numbers on them so they're technically "ghost guns". Also a lack of serial number is the only thing that seems to qualify if a gun is a scary ghost gun. Meaning you don't need a 3d printer to print out a gun, you just need a metal file and a knowledge of where the guns serial number is located so you can file it off. Sure that's a felony, but criminals don't tend to care.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:19 am

Exactly. They are trying to regulate something that can never be truly regulated. It would be like trying to take alcohol away again.
:weed: [IP: logged]